Permission to come aboard HMS Ds3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permission to come aboard HMS Ds3

Good evening all. New ds3 owner here. Recently jumped ship from a VW T5 as wanted something cheaper to run as a 2nd vehicle. I've been searching and reading the forum for a few weeks researching the Ds3 before making a purchase. Thought it was time I joined up as always found forums a great help when problems arise as they always do.

Anyway I ended up with a 2014 DsSport 1.6hdi and have to say the first few weeks of owning it has been fun. Takes me back to my early 20's and the Nova GTE I had. After 6yrs driving a van it great to be able to chuck a car into a corner again.

Hi RumDrunkTiger and welcome aboard!! Good choice of engine, but then I am a bit biased. What version of the eHDi did you get? The 90, 110, 115 or 120 blue HDI? What colour combo did you go for?
    Last edited by Funky; 27-05-2019, 08:08.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Good morning and thanks. I ended up with the 110. Had a choice of 2 to pick from at the dealers one was black with white roof and dash but I opted for the full black with carbon dash. Just felt a bit more manly plus it was the better of the 2 car condition and mileage wise.

Comment

Very nice!! I got the 115, before my remap took it to 145. Great engines and yours looks a cracker. Enjoy!!
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks. Just a quick question regarding these engines. Are they quite a tappety sounding engine under load. Also sounds a bit blowy on tick over like an exhaust leak. Didn't really notice on the test drive and being use to the sound of a t5 engine. It's going back to the dealer Friday as one wing mirror wasnt folding when I picked it up so was going to ask them or compare to another one while there.

Comment

Ive got the edhi 110 too. Yes, can be a bit "Pinking" now and again. Most diesels are I find so I don't worry

Mine certainly doesn't sound blowy, so go get a free check at kwikfit, just don't part with any money.

Welcome to the Club :-)
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Ok cool. It's going back to the main dealers on Friday so will get them to double check exhaust for any leaks. It's under warranty so will be fixed if anything is found. Only thing I wish it did have was a DAB radio. But reluctant to put after market stereo in as not sure what info will be lost from the center console display.

Comment

Working...
              X