Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all

hello all
    I'm tom live in Nottingham, new to here, I've just brought my wife a 2011 ds3 1.6 and drove it back from the showroom myself for her and loved it, so I'm thinking of getting myself 1, I would like one with more power though as I'm used to focus 2.5 turbo st, any recommendations on what to get, off for a look round the site thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the club and forum to both you and your wife. If you're wanting pure power, then you should either go for the DS3 Racing or DS3 Performance.

The Racing is the older model and did come with a few issues with regards to pistons exploding and going through the bulkhead and carbon deposit build up in the valves (very common on a THP engine, but rectified with a walnut blast), but if you find a decent one, with full FSH, lots of receipts for any work done etc, you could get lucky.

The DS3 Performance is the newer hot hatch version, but obviously is going to be a bit pricier. No reported major issues so far and is nice and quick and comes with alot of features as standard.

Or you could get a remapped THP DSport or DSport+ model and then will get you just shy of 200bhp.

You don't say what model your wife has, THP or VTi petrol engine, or one of the diesel engines 90, 110 or 115bhp. Also which trim is it, as there are many different ones. DSire, DSign, DStyle, DSport and DSport+, Elegance, Ultra Prestige. All with differing levels of "toys".
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Got her the vti think its the 120 and it's the Dstyle nice little car holds the road like s##t to a blanket

Comment

As Funky says, if you are into modifying and want to get over 200BHP give Jamie at SPTuning a call for a chat on your options on a THP 155

Say Mr Blue sent you ;-)
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks guys will look into getting myself a ds3 now

Comment

If your budget can get yourself a 210 performance love mine , very quick and loads of torque also good fuel figures when not driven to hard .
            DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

Working...
            X