Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member (Forced induction lover)

Hello,

I've recently bought a 2010 DS3 THP155 Model Dsport. I was attracted to this motors when I had a courtesy Car (Diesel) I just loved the way a drove and I felt in tune with the road

Prior to purchasing the DS3 I owned a Subaru WRX and went balls out over the top with that. I purchased a full JDM V8 Engine with the Big Port heads, Tougher Trans,Bigger Turbo... In
    the end I moved up to a 2.5 Block with weisco Pistons with the big ports heads, FMIC and Methanol Injection. The Turbo I installed was one of the largest Bolt ons of that time, It was a FB Red by forced performance. This was managed with a Element Hydra standalone ECU. The Car was making approx 450 WHP but in the end it lost the daily Drivability

So in the end she had to go but I never lost that lust for forced induction

The DS3 DSport I purchased last August for £3.500 and the dude assured me the Car was mechanically sound. Since then I've replaced the Water Pump, The Oil Feel Pipe to the Turbo what a PIA that was, however using a custom braided flex line helped. Not long after that I needed 2 coil-packs and 4 new spark-plugs. I has also suspected the thermostat was broke. The Roadside assistance confirmed this when he cleared the codes for the misfiring. So to be honest the bloke screwed me over good and proper

All said and done I love this car and the more work I put in the more I get attached. So becoming a member to this forum will give me confidence in learning and hopefully meeting some cool people with similar interests

Thanks DS3Dood

welcome to the Club. I had a DSport THP 150 and 155 b4 I moved to the safer diesel option

When they are working properly, and the majority of the time they do, they are fab and quick cars, especially when mapped- Sports cat handy too, will get to around 200 BHP
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
      welcome to the Club. I had a DSport THP 150 and 155 b4 I moved to the safer diesel option

When they are working properly, and the majority of the time they do, they are fab and quick cars, especially when mapped- Sports cat handy too, will get to around 200 BHP
      Cheers mate, evidently once I've got all of these annoying bits sorted out I'll look for some upgrade options that will still keep the Engine Internals safe. I think I'll push it to around 200BHP with some added suspension parts to keep the handling in tune with the road. Maybe later on down the road I'll change the stock Turbo Back an swap out the stock IC for the Seat Cupra IC.

I know too well modding Cars you have to know when to stop or else you'll forever bee chasing the gold at the end of the rainbow ha.

Cheers

Comment

Yes, remap, induction (Performance air filter at worst) and 200 cspi sportscat will get you close to 200 BHP. Over that then you have to look at forged internals as problems can occur above 200 bhp, and it starts getting pricey- uprated Turbo etc etc.

Ive got the Airtec intercooler, fitted it myself. Takes about 4 hrs and the uprated intercooler it around £200 with the pipework
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
        X