Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi, just realised i registered a while ago but never got round to introducing myself!

I've recently purchased a 13 plate 1.6 VTI, i was initially attracted to the DS3 due to the THP model as i fancied something a little more peppy than my previous car (a diesel C-Max), but the tales of woe around the cam chain put paid to that!

I don't have many plans for it outside of changing the stereo HU (I have a Kenwood double din sat in the garage that i bought about 3 years ago for the previous car but never got round to fitting it), and maybe changing the alloys next year for something more distinct. I like the standard alloys, but every DS3 i see has the same ones. There's also an interior mod i'm thinking about but i'll keep that under my hat for now!

Oh, and the rear parking sensors have started playing up so that's the first thing that needs sorting!

And the most important detail... it's blue!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ds3.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	403173
    Attached Files

Welcome to the Club

Overall, the THP if looked after (Regular oil changes, not belting it from cold etc etc) isnt too bad timing chains wise- the DS3Racing is another matter but mainly pistons going bang

Ive had 2 THPs and neither had timing chain or tensioner issues, and most that do have been modified (Both mine were modified)

However, it cant be said that timing chain and tensioner werent almost top of the list of problems on THPs

Enjoy your DS3, and yes, its a Fab colour

Ive also moved the Bellones (Wheels) into the shed, and have 5 spoke Project D's at the moment

Will see if i can dig a piccie out
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Name:	DSCN5494.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	403179
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Name:	DSCN5495.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	403181
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

photo deleted
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

deleted duplicate photo
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Cheers Chris, whilst i'm sure ultimately a THP would have been ok, knowing my general luck with cars it probably would have exploded on the drive home! The upside to getting a non-THP model though was i was able to get something newer with fewer miles on it, having driven largely older cars throughout my life (i've never previously spent more than ?2k on a car!) it's nice to have something that doesn't already feel worn out!

Nice alloys, can't say i'm a fan of black wheels in general but it's nice to see a DS3 with something different on it.

Comment

Working...
              X