Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Kent

Hi Guys,

I'm not a DS3 owner yet but hoping to be very soon... I'm off to Citroen tomorrow for a test drive

I have my eye on the DSport THP and as long as it drives as nice as it looks and it isn't going to cost the earth then I'm sold! Hoping to trade my Mazda in.

Altho it's more than likely going to take me forever to decide on colours lol.

Lola.

welcome aboard :cool:
    e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
    Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Hi Lola!

I'm sure you're gonna love the test drive! I just got the DSport e-HDI and love it!!!

Do you have a short list of colour combo ideas you like?? :-)
      2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
      2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
      1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

Don't get the THP I'd guess at about 30% failure rate after 6000 miles.

Go for diesel =]
        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
        Third time around.
        Work in Progress

Comment

Welcome
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome's

I was actually just reading on here about the problems with the THP. I was umming and ahhing over petrol vs diesel and was still going to test drive both tomorrow... I just have bad memories of my first car being diesel! Altho I'm sure much has changed since then.

Originally I was certain I wanted white/black... my mazda is white with limo tints. But after seeing all the combinations it changes daily! At the moment I'm swaying more to yellow/black but that was only because my boyfriend said he would disown me if I got white/pink haha.

Comment

Ha ha think my husband would have done the same if I'd said I wanted a white/pink although they do make me smile... (in a good way).

I see quite a few white ones and they do look nice but if you want to be different/noticed go for the yellow! I've only seen one on the road near me!

Let us know how the test drive of the two different cars go!
              2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
              1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

Test drive was amazing, I'm even more in love with this car! The dealer only had a THP in stock to test drive so only got to take that for a spin but wow Such a big smile on my face. The dealer had a black/pink combo in the show room which I have fallen in love with lol.

Still not signed up however as I'm still having a debate about the diesel... they're going to order one in for next week for me to test drive but I'm going to try another local garage tomorrow to see whether they have one.

Another thing that isn't helping my decsion on colour is the Sport Plus is currently coming out cheaper than the standard Sport. Only by 20p a month but still cheaper. Apparently Citroen are currently running a promo on the plus models with around £1,500 discount on them. Which is great as it means leather and auto wipers/lights but it does limit the colour choice a bit and no pink roof To be honest if I did go with the plus I would probably stick to white/black.

Comment

Welcome!
                  Know its hard to decide with all the choices available but whatever you choose know you'll love it.
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

The plus models are definitely great deals but I wish they offered them in more colours!

I think the £1500 from Citroen is on the on petrol models. I only got £500 contribution from Citroen on my e-HDI so I guess that might sway you towards the petrol.

Hope you find a deisel to test drive today!
                    2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
                    1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

I'm a real DIESEL Phobic.

Just before I was going to buy a DS3 (and was considering Diesel DS3) last year we went to Turkey for a holiday

We drove a diesel for a week- awful, attrocious, stuttered, stank and scaggy

So came home and bought the THP Sport- and love it!

And blimey- isnt DIESEL FUEL just always getting pricier!!!!!!!!

CBLUE
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                        I'm a real DIESEL Phobic.

Just before I was going to buy a DS3 (and was considering Diesel DS3) last year we went to Turkey for a holiday

We drove a diesel for a week- awful, attrocious, stuttered, stank and scaggy

So came home and bought the THP Sport- and love it!

And blimey- isnt DIESEL FUEL just always getting pricier!!!!!!!!

CBLUE
                        All lies.

My diesel is quite and smooth. More MPG so the extra cost at the pump is nothing compared to the savings as you drive it.

Road tax on the 110 HDi is £20/30 compared to the THP which is £150? not to sure.

For every 50 THP on here that has broken down there has been 1 diesel.
                        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                        Third time around.
                        Work in Progress

Comment

Still no diesel test drive The garage said the closest they can get me is a C4 110 HDi on Friday. They said it will drive exactly the same so we will see.

To be honest I am now swaying more towards the diesel, altho the figures are coming out quite a bit more. The best offer I've had so far is £301 over 3 years with £2,000 deposit and £270 on the THP 150 but the dealer today said they would beat these.

I've also emailed New Citroen Deals and they're going to come back with figures tomorrow.

The px on my Mazda is shocking, only £500.. was hoping for a bit more but as long as I can get a decent deal I'm not too bothered. Lost love for her a long time ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
                            All lies.

My diesel is quite and smooth. More MPG so the extra cost at the pump is nothing compared to the savings as you drive it.

Road tax on the 110 HDi is £20/30 compared to the THP which is £150? not to sure.

SORRY- CLARIFICATION

The diesel I drove WAsNT a DS3- some skank motor- just put me off diesels thats all

I expect the DS3 Diesels are marvellous- just not for me- petrolhead me!

Thought road tax reductions for diesel was limited to the early years- £165 for the THP roadtax

CBLUE
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                              SORRY- CLARIFICATION

Thought road tax reductions for diesel was limited to the early years- £165 for the THP roadtax

CBLUE
                              From my understanding the e-HDI is different from the original HDI diesels and are fully tax exempt!!
                              2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
                              1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

Working...
                              X