Hello!.. Gate Crasher Alert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!.. Gate Crasher Alert!

Hello everyone, really really new to the world of citroen as i am currently a ford owner (yes i know..) however i am toying with the idea of picking myself up a cute little DS3, so am mainly looking for opinions and what to look out for (or steer clear of?) any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Sian

Hi Sian... as I've recently gone through the buying process here are some of my findings (I'm sure more knowledgable people on here will correct me if I get anything wrong)

I'd say the style plus models are great value but you're limited to white,red,yellow,blue and although they're already quite high spec you can't personalise with additional add ons. I wanted a particular colour (grey) and the upgraded upholstery so the plus models were not for me.

The diesel models are great mpg and no tax but you don't get as much deposit contribution from Citroen. (£1500 for petrol compared to £500 for deisel). There have been posts about some petrol engines failing but I'm sure there's thousands and thousands that don't have any problems whatsoever. I love my deisel!

Definitely speak to a few dealers and see what they can offer price wise and who you feel you're going to get the best service from. Now I only test drove the 90 but bought the 110 and whilst I was over the moon it probably would have been more sensible to test drive the 110 before I put the order in and maybe even a petrol for comparison.

If you do get your order in quick Citroen are offering free servicing until the end of March but even without that you're still getting a lot of car for your money!! :-)

Did you have any idea what you fancy going for? Engine? Colour?
    2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
    2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
    1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

Ah wow thanks, I've been to a dealer today and looked at a couple I'm going for diesel too and aiming for the 110, white is my ideal colour, I also thought about the deal they have on with a limited edition model and the kind of lease/finance plan?! Im changing from a fiesta st so it's a bit of jump, and I'm not up to speed with different models etc, just getting a idea of things first!

Comment

Hi

Sounds like you might want to go for a white e-hdi DSport plus then?!

I went for the Elect3 plan which it seems a lot of people do. Your monthly price will depend on the model you go for, how much you have for deposit/part ex and how many miles you do a year. I have been told however that you only need to worry about setting an accurate mileage if you think you might want to just hand the car back and walk away (as opposed to changing to a newer Cotroen or paying the final payment). Apparently you can also change the mileage once during the 3 year term if you think you're doing more/less miles.
        2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
        2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
        1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

Changing from a Fiesta to the DS will suprise you as the DS is far superior (had both)

Comment

Hi Sian
            I have a DSports Plus in white with black roof.
            It's a petrol 1.6 THP 155.
            I didn't like the graphite dashboard so the dealership
            took it out and put me a black gloss one in. I didn't know
            they could do that with the plus models.

Haggle with them and be prepared to walk away
            if you're not happy.
            TwinnieE
            :cool:

Comment

You Won't Be Dissapointed

Best Thing I Can Say Really...

Comment

I also went from a fiesta to a ds3 90hdi and you won't be dissapointed
                Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

thanks everyone! i think the dsport plus is what im swaying towards, new work commitments and a hellish commute everyday means it would be the 90 i think (i am a little bit worried about losing my little petrol pocket rocket as i havent driven the ds3 to compare performance yet)

Comment

Working...
                  X