Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soon to be DS3 owner, waiting patiently.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon to be DS3 owner, waiting patiently.

Hello all from the frozen North (of Scotland).
    Ordered a Cherry Red/Black DS3 THP 150 Sport on June 19th or thereabouts and it should, according to the salesman, be hitting the line next week so I shouldn’t have too much longer to wait. Yet to see a DS3 on the road in that colour so I’m presuming it’ll cut quite the dash.

Looking forward to it immensely as it’s the first “practical” car I’ve managed to get excited about, or even interested in, for quite a long time.

Hi TepidMarinara (interesting moniker!) - welcome to the forum.

Seen photos of this colour combo on the net - it looks terrific. Our good friend irishRob will soon have you calling it "man-red" though...

What wheels/interior did you go for?

Comment

I've been frantically googling for pics of the colour and can't wait to see it in the metal so I can hopefully get some decent shots to do it justice.
      Just hope my fickle nature doesn't kick in again and I end up wishing I'd gone for another colour.

Went for the black dash (although we'll see if it comes with that, dealer seemed somewhat non-committal), black leather and the 17" black painted alloys. Effectively everything that could be black was black.

Out of curiosity, what has the average wait time been from placing an order to actual delivery for the folks here?

Comment

Originally posted by TepidMarinara View Post
        I've been frantically googling for pics of the colour and can't wait to see it in the metal so I can hopefully get some decent shots to do it justice.
        Just hope my fickle nature doesn't kick in again and I end up wishing I'd gone for another colour.
        I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Nothing wrong in liking it in other colour combos too - there's always next time!

Comment

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...-Red-and-Black

:] you will love it when it arrives

Comment

Out of curiosity, what has the average wait time been from placing an order to actual delivery for the folks here?
            For a custom build the average seems to be around 3 months

I'd certainly recommend speaking to your dealer though and asking them to check their database to see if any other dealers have the same spec as yours in their showroom. That's how I got mine
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

There was a list on the internet showing the top ten longest waiting list for a new car in the uk.The citroen ds3 was not even in it something like a range rover was the middle of 2011.I know 3 months seems a long wait but it would appear other car buyers are waiting longer.(And they are not even getting an amazing DS3 ).and if you buy now what a wonderful christmas present to yourself.It felt like waiting for christmas as a young child.

Comment

Fingers Crossed Mine Comes Before Xmas =/

Comment

Originally posted by alcaz1wolf View Post
                  something like a range rover was the middle of 2011.
                  When you put it like that it doesn't seem long to wait at all
                  I know what you mean about it being like waiting for Christmas. I'm like a little kid eagerly awaiting the presents!

Comment

When you put it like that it doesn't seem long to wait at all
                    I know what you mean about it being like waiting for Christmas. I'm like a little kid eagerly awaiting the presents!
                    Let's hope Santa doesn't try to stuff it down the chimney!

Comment

If he does there'll be no more bloody mince pies for him. Elf exploiting red garbed weirdo that he is.

Comment

Elf exploiting red garbed weirdo that he is.
                        Definite signs of a painful childhood experience there, TepidMarinara! I've never quite forgiven him for not bringing that Scalextric that I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                          Definite signs of a painful childhood experience there.
                          He Touched Me Once...

He Told Me Not To Tell Anyone Or He'd Come And Get Me... =/

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post
                            He Touched Me Once...

He Told Me Not To Tell Anyone Or He'd Come And Get Me... =/
                            Too much information!

Comment

I Thought We were Talking About Painful Childhood Experiences With Santa ?...

I Just Wanted To Share...

Comment

Working...
                              X