New kid in school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kid in school

Hi Everyone, Just thought I'd formally introduce myself as I'm in no doubt I'll be bending your eyes and absorbing your knowledge when it comes to all things DS3 related, maybe other stuff but who knows.

I got my 1.6THP DS3 Sport top spec minus the sat nav 3 months ago in black with a white roof.

I absolutely love this car and have become that sad neigbour who washes his car every week that I used to take the piss out of.

The quality of the build when it comes to this car is not very high which is a little sad but it's certinaly not a case of style over substance.

Since joining this forum I have had my eyes opened to the world of "mapping" (wtf) which I now REALLY want to do in order to get the best out of my carand I'd love to have my car hiss more audibly than it already does and so I'll be looking into that at some point.

One thing I was trying to find were white brake calipers which I thought would really finish the "sport" look off nicely and luckily Citroen thought so too and have released them on the racing version and so when my car goes in for its first service I will be buying them and having them fitted.

Anyway, I'm Aaron, I'm 31 and 30 minutes after I got married my wife told me that someone had gone into the back of the car on the Friday she borrowed it.
    sigpic

Welcome to the Group Aaron.
    What a way to start a marriage!

People have been divorced for less!

Comment

And the moral of the story is......

......don't get married!

Only jesting (I've done it twice).

Welcome Aaron.
      1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

My understanding is that the DS3 Racing has red capliers fitted to both colour versions, besides you would need to change the front setup as they are not the same as the standard brakes.

Best thing to do would be to have them powder coated white.

P.s Welcomes by the way!!
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Welcome !

Comment

wow, what a friendly bunch of people! thanks.

I didn't realise changing the brake thingies was such a problem, powder coating you say? hmmmm.. . . ..
            sigpic

Comment

Howdy Aaron, welcome to the club. Aye, someone was on about painting them a while ago, taking the wheels off an all, have a wee butchers through the forum, think it's a pretty recent post.

Comment

Get The Paint From Halfords ? It's Like A Fiver

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post
                  Get The Paint From Halfords ? It's Like A Fiver
                  no no no!!!

Powder Coating is not that expensive and looks the part, halford's paint would go on all lumpy and runny and would look rubbish! Just think of all those 'barryboys' who paint their crumb-mobiles and make a pants job of it!
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Welcome dude,

Comment

Welcome dude, and welcome to the place which will make you spend you earnings :P

Comment

Hi Aaron, welcome aboard!

So was it the DS3 that your new missus pranged? I think you're the first on here to need the services of the body shop. Bummer.

Comment

Congratulations on purchasing the ds3!!! you have defo come to the right place for all things ds3 and then some! lol Painting the calipers can be done with halfords heat resistant pant - but unless your really good at it i would employ the services of a professional. They can remove the calipers pretty easily and do a better job cleaning them and making sure they are smooth when finished. Either way £20 and 2-3 hours to do it yourself (properly) or£100 per side apx max for professional job.
                          As the car is new - its best to do it the professional way. One thing to bare in mind tho, is white it going to show all the brake dust as soon as you brake! Black would be better - I want mine done in chrome, but have not sorted this yet as needs looking into. welcome to the club ;-))))
                          Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

cheers for the advice Bartlett, perhaps the black would be more practical and still look good. Chrome would look amazing, that's a good call!

gar074 - Yeah I'd had the car a month and when she was at the traffic lights someone started moiving off even though the lights hadnt changed and went into the back (no damage done thank god).

The thing is that wasn't the forst problem with it. The day I went to collect it I noticed a tiny dent in the driver's side door and so it went to the bodyshop to be repaired almost right away (i wanted to keep it for a few days after waiting so long). When the car was in the shop having the door repaired they found a nail in one of my tyres.

3 weeks later I went out to my car and found what looked like bird crap on my window, turned out to be a chip, I asked the mrs if she'd had a stone hit the window whilst she took the car out and she denied it. I called in autoglass to have it repaired and they told me it couldnt be fixed as it had already been repaired, I explained it couldn;t have as the car was new to which he replied "sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this windscreen has been repaired" and guess what? he was right the windscreen had been chipped in transit and repaired @ the garage.

Doomed much?
                            sigpic

Comment

I do hope that your off to the dealer armed with that info from Autoglass so that they can replace the windscreen at their cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X