Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member here, greetings :-)

Hey all,

My name is Morten. I'm 36 years old and from Denmark.

Now, I never been much for cars, to me they were merely a less annoying way of getting from point a to b than public transport. Having previously owned a Renault 19 for 7 years and a Hyundai accent for 8, it was about time to go look for something new.

Looking at various dealers provided little but unwanted and annoying attention from overeager sales rep, but at the back of the showroom, something really caught my eyes; a yellow and black 90 hdi diesel. Grabbing hold of the missus only able to mutter words like "pretty car, me like, must try", we got to give it a test run. Horrible, felt sluggish, uninspired and nothing like I expected.
    I was totally in love with the looks and interior design, though. Something still told me, DS3 is what I want.

Back home I started to scan for new targets, and quickly came across a 120 vti Dstyle, in dark grey and with a maroon top. Granted, the yellow and black would have been my first choice in colour, but with the retarded danish goverment obsession of slapping 180% taxes on cars here, beggars cant be choosers. Long story short (lol, too late), I took the grey beast for a ride and "wow" is the only word that can cover my feelings. It was quick on the takeoff, handled like a dream and was simply the total opposite of its yellow brother.

Made the final tradings of my soul with the sales rep and got my, almost, new car last thursday. I will throw up some pictures later this weekend, after she gets her first wash, still waiting on the final shipment of products. After reading esp Clive's thread about detailing. Hand wash only from now on!
    Last edited by Morten; 19-02-2013, 12:11.

great to hear man, good luck with the car!
    MATT BLACK e-HDI chipped 146HP 302NM DS3

Comment

Welcome to the club. Can't believe you thought the 90 was sluggish compared to the VTi, lol. I used to visit Esbjerg and Copenhagen for Speedway events years back. I ran a fan club for Erik Gundersen.

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
        Welcome to the club. Can't believe you thought the 90 was sluggish compared to the VTi, lol. I used to visit Esbjerg and Copenhagen for Speedway events years back. I ran a fan club for Erik Gundersen.
        Trust me, I was surprised as well. Must've been a real lemon, that car

Thanks for the welcome, and way cool about the fanclub. Have many fond memories of watching him on TV with my dad.

Comment

Originally posted by xavier2k12 View Post
          great to hear man, good luck with the car!
          Thanks mate, riding it home, my smile was so wide, it met at the back of my neck, combined with spontanious outbursts of laughter

Comment

Welcome
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
              Welcome
              Cheers

Comment

Welcome to the club

Post some pics of the car!
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by Morten View Post
                  Thanks mate, riding it home, my smile was so wide, it met at the back of my neck, combined with spontanious outbursts of laughter
                  I know THAT feeling for sure!
                  MATT BLACK e-HDI chipped 146HP 302NM DS3

Comment

Welcome to the club Morten

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                      Welcome to the club

Post some pics of the car!
                      Thanks, and will do after a good wash!

Originally posted by kaibilly View Post
                      Welcome to the club Morten
                      Thank you

Comment

hi welcome
                        DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

hi and welcome enjoy the car
                          have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

Hi Morten- its becoming a real international site on here
                            Never been to Denmark, but met plenty Denmark football fans on trips abroad
                            Always friendly and fun- like their beer!
                            CBLUE
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

hello Morten,

warm welcome, i'm sure u will come to enjoy ur new toy

Comment

Working...
                              X