Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Somerset

Hello,

Not actually picking my car up until this Sunday, but so excited I just cannot wait. I'm getting a 61 plate D Sport Plus (THP) in red with a black roof :cool:

Discovered this forum googling about spare wheel/tyres and the lack off - Mine is only coming with a pump and the goo so am looking to purchase a space saver.

I see there has been a lot of discussion on here previously. Had a look on ebay, there are a couple of sellers, doing the full kit for £160 - £180 and am currently awaiting my local dealer to reply with a price - I'm not buying my car from a citroen dealer!

Anybody got any advice on space savers and reliable ebayers or other traders? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Welcome

Highly recommend Ross Farley at Alistair Fleming Ltd

Telephone: 01292 280028
    Email: parts@alistairflemingayr.citroen.co.uk
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Welcome PG100 - a good move getting a spare wheel kit IMO. Adds a little extra weight but nice to know its there if needed

Nick.

Comment

Welcome to the club
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Nice colours PG100- nice to see you on here
          Wise decision on a spare- got a spare wheel for my Bellones and my aftermarkets
          Goos trouble IMO
          CBLUE
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Welcome and let me start by saying

<---- £15 for a wheel with tyre from C3 C4 or C5 from brakers yard + jack & brace (not space saver though) was qouted £80 JUST for the metal rim for a space saver then approx £60 for the tyre £24 jack £5 for brace so hey what the hell if it isnt a spacesaver ive got it will do the exact same job at a VERY low price. And i wont be restricted to 50mph as with spacesaver

huh typical STEELERSHIP

And BTW anyone with the sealant crap I do hope you dont get a puncture with anything bigger than a nail cos tht crap sealant wont work

hehe sorry for the rant but i do hate that stuff had too many experiences with it when i worked with tyres
            Last edited by DS3man STEVE; 27-02-2013, 14:59.
            http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
            :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

I bought the spare wheel kit with mine and still have the goo/compressor kit at home. Quite handy for inflating the MTB tyres at the weekends !
              sigpic

Comment

yeh the compressor itself is a handy thing but the tyre weld crap aint worth sh_t as no doubt some ppl will find out

sorry for going on about this but it does piss me off when ppl are stranded because of that crap.
                Anyway have a read at some others coments on pistonheads

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...=8&h=0&t=52204
                Last edited by DS3man STEVE; 27-02-2013, 16:10.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                  Welcome

Highly recommend Ross Farley at Alistair Fleming Ltd

Telephone: 01292 280028
                  Email: parts@alistairflemingayr.citroen.co.uk
                  Welcome PG100. Would recommend Ross as your initial contact
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello again,

Thanks for the nice welcomes from everyone and the advice around the spare tyre/spacesaver issues + contact details for Ross Farley - I'll give him a ring tomorrow.

Only been on here a few hours and love the vibe!! Just can't wait until Sunday when I pick my baby up from the garage in W-s-M. Hurry up Sunday, getting impatient now lol!!

Comment

hey PG any tips m8?

sigpic

Comment

Lol :rolleyes: It's been a long day and probably shouldn't confess this, but took a moment for the penny to drop!! In fairness, they do say it's a slower pace of life down here.

PS - Drink more coffee than tea (Oops! :eek: )

Comment

Originally posted by PG100 View Post
                          Lol :rolleyes: It's been a long day and probably shouldn't confess this, but took a moment for the penny to drop!! In fairness, they do say it's a slower pace of life down here.

PS - Drink more coffee than tea (Oops! :eek: )
                          lol DOH!

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to Hotel California

Comment

Hello eveyone,

Just as un update - many thanks to those that pointed me to Ross Farley for the parts - ordered a space saver wheel from Ross on Thursday and was delivered today (Monday), Wow fantastic service!!

Picked my car up yesterday, had a good drive around Weston Super Mare and gave it a blast coming home down the M5. Wished I'd booked annual leave today now, instead my car is in my works' car park and I'm sadly sat at my desk (though replying to this forum), so I suppose I'd better get back to work oops! :eek:

Comment

Working...
                              X