Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another newbie.

Hi everyone.
    My name is matt and I'm from London. I don't own a DS3 at present, but I'm thinking of getting 1 in the very near future for 2 reasons really. 1st being so the misses can drive it as at the moment she won't drive my current car ( Subaru impreza STI) and 2nd better fuel economy as I struggle to get just over 20mpg out or my car.
    I'm thinking I might go for the THP 155 as I need something a little bit nippy. I would be very interested to near from you all regarding things I should look out for when buying a DS3 and also the pros and cons of owning 1, if there are any that is lol.

Thanks

Matt.

Welcome to the club

I definitely recommend the THP, go for a test drive, you'll love it
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thanks mate, I booked a test drive about 2 weeks ago at wilsons in Epsom and when I turned up I was told that the salesman I spoke to had double booked an appointment and the was no one else around to help me. Ask to see the manager ( in meeting) yeah right. Told to come back another day, but seeing as I had already booked the day off from work to go and view this car, I just got the fed up and walked out. Now trying to find another dealer close to me so I can try again. Wish me luck.

Comment

Do what I did mate. Take that chance and don't have a test drive. This way the excitement it even more gripping. Have around 3 more weeks to wait

Comment

Welcome to the club Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Matt23 View Post
            Thanks mate, I booked a test drive about 2 weeks ago at wilsons in Epsom and when I turned up I was told that the salesman I spoke to had double booked an appointment and the was no one else around to help me. Ask to see the manager ( in meeting) yeah right. Told to come back another day, but seeing as I had already booked the day off from work to go and view this car, I just got the fed up and walked out. Now trying to find another dealer close to me so I can try again. Wish me luck.
            RED ALERT. Avoid Wilsons of Epsom
            sigpic

Comment

That sucks, same thing happened to my mate when he tried to test drive a new Seat Ibiza FR, the salesman just couldn't be bothered and tried to fob us off with excuses.

I hope you can find a decent dealer, where are you based? Someone might be able to give you a recommendation.
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                That sucks, same thing happened to my mate when he tried to test drive a new Seat Ibiza FR, the salesman just couldn't be bothered and tried to fob us off with excuses.

I hope you can find a decent dealer, where are you based? Someone might be able to give you a recommendation.
                I'm located in SW London mate.

Are there any minor or major problems that affect the DS3 in anyway I.e recalls things like that.

Comment

Masters Citroen Beckenham/Penge. Can get you contact name if you want? Matt
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
                    Masters Citroen Beckenham/Penge. Can get you contact name if you want? Matt
                    That would be very nice of you mate, thanks very much.

Comment

Got to admit I had a cracking dealer in scotland (I know it's no use to you) but wasn't pushy. Admitted what he liked and disliked about citroen ect. He was same all the way through (even if he was on commission) so there is good guys. Compared to my experience at Arnold Clark on my old car (sales driven) that was a total different approach. If you get as half as good as mines your on to a winner

Comment

Originally posted by walk_86 View Post
                        Got to admit I had a cracking dealer in scotland (I know it's no use to you) but wasn't pushy. Admitted what he liked and disliked about citroen ect. He was same all the way through (even if he was on commission) so there is good guys. Compared to my experience at Arnold Clark on my old car (sales driven) that was a total different approach. If you get as half as good as mines your on to a winner
                        I know exactly what you mean mate. I have the same thing down here with Subaru, we had a great garage close to me, who couldn't do enough for you when buying a car or even when they went in for service, sadly though that had since closed down and I have to put up with another dealer who seem to think they are doing you a favour whenever you take your car there. I know there are good dealers out there, but its places like wilsons in Epsom that give the motor trade a bad name.

Comment

Matt, Duncan Bonner of Masters Citroen is my contact 020 8659 0909. Tell him that Andrew Elliott recommended you and mention my Shark Grey Ds3.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
                            Matt, Duncan Bonner of Masters Citroen is my contact 020 8659 0909. Tell him that Andrew Elliott recommended you and mention my Shark Grey Ds3.
                            Thanks Andrew.

Comment

Are there any minor or major problems that affect the DS3 in anyway I.e recalls things like that.
                              Welcome to the club. You just need to use the search facility for the info as there is too much to put in a post. If you're looking to buy new then not much but older THP's have their problems, some of them anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X