Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi guys. new to forum but on my 2nd DS3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys. new to forum but on my 2nd DS3!

Hi guys found you online the other day& it seemed rude not to sign up as i've had a few flashes & waves from fellow DS3 drivers over the last 10 months so i guessed the cars must have a good following
    i found the DS3 by accident if i'm honest. i had seen a few about (well who could fail to notice those bright LED's) & thought that "they look OK"
    i had been driving my AudiS8 for the last 7 years & i had got quite used to having awesome 4wd grip & a reliable 360bhp to play with everyday...
    however i was made redundant & although i got another job quite quickly i was still a months money down & hadn't been at my new job more than about a month when my gearbox went Kaput!
    as i work in a garage i comandeered use of a loan car, a white with black roof DS3.
    initially i referred to it as my "spazzy citroen" as compared to what i was used to it was woefully slow & i spent a couple of weeks moaning about it....
    but after a few weeks i started thinking hey i quite like this little car. all of a sudden i had gone from 14mpg to over 30 & was in a car that wasn't so massive that you could never park it anywhere also after spending a bit of time behind the wheel i started to appreciate that it was actually pretty nice inside & screwed together pretty well (no creaks & rattles etc) for sure it didn't have 6 heat settings on the 14 way electrically adjustable silk nappa leather recaros & a factory fitted Bose sound system or double glazed windows but decent climate controlled AC, self dimming rear view mirror, cruise control, parking sensors & electric windows & mirrors made me sure i hadn't gone back to the dark ages
    i started to think more about the positives like the sharp brakes & nimble handling & it really started to grow on me
    i had assumed it was a 1.4 or something but was quite pleased when i ran the reg through a vehicle lookup at work & discovered it was a 1.6 with 120bhp
    yes its only a third of what i had before but who cares, i was starting to really enjoy my DS3. so much that i never even bothered fixing my Audi & just kept it!
    my boss wasn't overly happy to lose the car but i guess he likes me enough to let me keep it
    fast forward to March this year & imagine my disappointment when he shows me a letter from CitroenUK saying that it was due to go back at the beginning of April
    well i did what anybody sensible would do & threw a strop & suggested i was leaving lol
    First week in April came & my DS3 was taken away, i begrudgingly used the C3 & the 107 for a week or so & then imagine my delight when a brand new blue one with black roof was delivered one friday
    the even better news is this one isn't for use as a loan car its just for me

really happy to have another one & a week without made me appreciate it even more
    oh yeah,, loving the new model rear lights. awesome

Welcome to the club the ds3 is a great car one of the best ive owned glad you like the car get some pictures up

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Welcome to the club
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Welcome to the club
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the club
          DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Great post shOwtime! Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the club
              2012 Dstyle+ 1.6 eHDI 90 Airdreamsigpic
              Belle Ile Blue With Black Roof

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome. And let us have some pictures. We like pictures
                  sigpic

Comment

hi showtime and welcome to the club glad you love the car
                    have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

thanks for the welcome guys

i only have one minor gripe about the DS3...

the gear knob is freezing on a cold morning lol

Comment

Ditto that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
                        sigpic
                        Gone but not forgotten....replaced by SEAT Ibiza Toca in Black

Comment

What a nice little write up ShOwtime- this little car, with attitude, grows on everyone and makes us all smile
                          Come to Brighton next weekend and show her off!
                          Welcs to the club
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by sh0wtime View Post
                            thanks for the welcome guys

i only have one minor gripe about the DS3...

the gear knob is freezing on a cold morning lol
                            The answer is............Knob warmers!

At one meet we all bought knitted knob warmers (to support some charity I believe - possibly the Joni cupcake fund!)

I still have mine and it matches the colour of my car too!

JB

Comment

Everyone loves my cupcakes.......whaaeeyyyy..

Anyway! Welcome!

Cold knob thread - here
                              My DS3R3... nearly....
                              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                              X