More yellow peril

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More yellow peril

Hi guys I've been waiting so long to make this post.

At long last the company I work for has come through the 'Administration' process and jobs are secure for the foreseeable future. This allowed me to get rid of my Pug (207CC 61 plate) which I loved but it was a pain in the winter and severely underpowered.

So after a few weeks of searching I managed to locate a 12 plate DS3 Sport Plus (Aug reg) in the canary yellow I wanted, 1300 miles on the clock. Just picked her up now and I'm preparing her for use (add screen badges for Nat Trust, etc), fit Brodit mount, plug in the USB stick, and pair to the phones.

Anyway I may be a bit long in the tooth (50) but I've been wanting one of these beasts since my step-son got his machine last year. Not a lot of driving done so far but the little that has was enjoyed!

Anyway so hello to everyone!

Attached Files
    Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
    CEO smartphonegurus.com
    Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
    Cars:
    Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Hello, welcome and enjoy the experience.
    Darren
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome and enjoy....nice looking car
      sigpic
      Gone but not forgotten....replaced by SEAT Ibiza Toca in Black

Comment

Welcome! Enjoy your new beast!!
        • Citroen C2 Design • Mini One • Citroen C2 Furio • Peugeot 307 Sport • Citroen C4 Picasso VTR+ • Fiat Grande Punto Dynamic Sport • Honda CR-V 2.0 I-VTEC

Comment

Yellows! Yellows!

Comment

Welcome to the club
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Cheers guys loving her to bits, and I appreciate the welcome!

A couple of slight annoyances though:
              • The 12v accessory socket (cig lighter) has no cover, the dealer says he looked to fit one but it would have cost over £200. I assume he's looked at a new console in it's entirety. So can you buy just the cover for the lighter socket? I know it's only cosmetic and 99% of the time a power lead will be plugged in there.
              • The Brodit mount is rock solid and works well (model that fits below the air vent on the dash) but the coiled power lead is about 1.5 feet long, longer if stretched. This means it passes on a direct line next to the gear lever. At the moment I've stretched the cable and pushed a loop under the side of the center console. Not ideal obviously as the cable is under a fair bit of tension. So any recommendations for extension leads or fitting an non-intrusive secondary power point? Replacing the Brodit cable with a longer one is not an option - I tend to switch Brodit mounts on a regular basis to accommodate different phones - when reviewing. Thoughts?

Those are the only niggles I have with her after a days driving. More pics to come as I get the chance, the one posted was the one from the dealers site!
              Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
              Cars:
              Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Originally posted by dbrewood View Post
                [LIST][*]The 12v accessory socket (cig lighter) has no cover, the dealer says he looked to fit one but it would have cost over £200. I assume he's looked at a new console in it's entirety. So can you buy just the cover for the lighter socket? I know it's only cosmetic and 99% of the time a power lead will be plugged in there.
                200 pounds hahahahah!

Should be part no. 8227E3 around 3 pounds. http://www.citroencarparts.net/?s=8227E3
                Attached Files
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I have a 3 gang + 2 usb 12v extension which I have tucked under the drivers seat and have rested between the sill and drivers seat that way I can have my phone plugged in to charge and also a sat nav / pda attached to the drivers quarter window near the wing mirror , nothing is in the way of the gearstick or handbrake .
                  If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Most new cars come with a plastic "bung" in the 12v hole....
                    Maybe buy one for another car??
                    They all just say "12V" or "ACC" on so won't look too odd?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/99p-Start-...item3f25cf2dcf

http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Accesso...=pd_sim_auto_1

Bit silly? and from the US?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Dangerousfish; 09-06-2013, 17:03.
                    :cool: YELLOWS :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                      200 pounds hahahahah!

Should be part no. 8227E3 around 3 pounds. http://www.citroencarparts.net/?s=8227E3
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]6807[/ATTACH]
                      Right it looks like the main unit is in there itself, and just the cap that is missing. Any ideas if that clips onto the actual lighter or whether the cap is sealed onto the unit and it is therefore broken?

On the issue of the Brodit mount, I've found my own solution that works for me - taking a small chromed bracket designed to hold a thin curtain rail and bending the bracket backwards into a 'V' so that it fits under the console which leaves an inverse slotted loop into which the cable fits. Benefits is the cable is nice and tight and the two cable runs fit closely to the carpet and dashboard so completely out of the way.

And a couple of nicer shots taken of the wee beastie today

Attached Files
                      Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
                      Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by dbrewood View Post
                        Right it looks like the main unit is in there itself, and just the cap that is missing. Any ideas if that clips onto the actual lighter or whether the cap is sealed onto the unit and it is therefore broken?
                        The cap is not available separately from Citroen you have to get the whole 3 pound part. You could try that Ebay Ford cap that FatS posted if want to save 2 pounds no idea how it will fit though.

nice solution for the cable
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                          The cap is not available separately from Citroen you have to get the whole 3 pound part. You could try that Ebay Ford cap that FatS posted if want to save 2 pounds no idea how it will fit though.

nice solution for the cable
                          They just push in hole as a 'plug', and of course all ciggie holes are same diameter.
                          Only doubt is clearance to handbrake and seat.....how close are they?
                          :cool: YELLOWS :cool:

Comment

So is the missing cap part of the socket or the cigarette lighting part? Ordering the £3 part is of course not a problem.

The only annoyance with the Brodit solution was that the first bracket was made from a picture hook and that had some sharp edges which have lightly scuffed the lower edge of the console - and it is the type of plastic which goes light grey when scratched. So I need to get rid of that scratching, I thought 'back to black' would do the job but alas not. Any ideas?
                            Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
                            Cars:

Comment

I believe the "lid" just slides over the cigarette lighter element.

If you wedge something with a flat point under the cigarette lighter and leverage gently you should be able to just lift it out.

Once lifted you can easily unclip the wires connected to it (I'd recommend doing this with the battery disconnected just to be on the safe side).

Once done, slide the "lid" over and connect everything back up ^_^

I'm pretty sure that's correct, unfortunately mines still at the garage so I'm not able to check for you right now.
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                              X