Decisions, decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions, decisions

Hi to all DS3 owners. Im just about to order a DS3 sport ( DS3 R not on the list ) as my new company car and have to decide on either the oil burner or petrol. My sensible side says oil burner due to fuel economy and my slightly mad side says to hell with it and get the petrol version. As you all have various versions can you give me a little bit of feedback before i place the order. Cheers

what exactly are you wanting to know?

If driven sensibly it's easy enough to achieve 40+ MPG on the 150THP however you'll never have anything near the mark as the diesels.

Having said that, if it's not sensibility you're looking for then I would certainly recommend the 150THP
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i cover around 20,000 miles about 50/50 on motorway and city a year so fuel economy could be important however i would be saving £100 per month by changing my current car (which is only giving me 38mpg)to either version and diesel is £1.29 per litre in and petrol is 7p a litre cheaper. At the end of the day i havent had a test drive in either although this is going to rectified on Friday as the demo cars being delivered! As the 150THP performs better thats the way i'm leaning at the mo.

Comment

To be honest both the diesel and petrols have a fair amount of grunt. I test drove both and was impressed with them equally.

You've got a hard choice to make but if you're worried about fuel economy the diesel is definately the better route to take.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

The big thing for me is that the BIK rate for the 150THP is 20% where the diesel is only 13%!

Add in the fact that the diesel has much better MPG you would be saving a lot more by going with it.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Yo. I got the 1.6 HDI spec,edt for my company car and going on motorway i'm getting 74.5mpg at 70 mph !!
            DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

The THP is a great engine - revs really smoothly, right up to the red line. Difficult to resist the temptation to rag it through the gears at every opportunity (once warmed up, of course). If you're a petrol head, there's no contest.

Comment

I've got the Diesel 110 Dsport I also have it as a company lease my mileage is around 2500 to 3000 a month so it is a no brainer for me and as someone said before the the BIK is better. and to be honest I had a 2.2 lt Civic before and dont miss the grunt, as the DS3 is such a nice drive I normally have a smile on my face .

Comment

I got the 110 HDi and to be honest its got a lot of grunt. Tried the THP and if I didnt do so many miles i would have chosen it but meeeh too many miles if i am honest

Comment

Thanks to all of you who replied, i had the 150 THP Sport out as a demonstrator over the weekend, i was very impressed its just a shame that the snow stopped play.

Is the poor carpet fitting on the passenger side under the glovebox a common fault?

Comment

Originally posted by Beardo View Post
                      Thanks to all of you who replied, i had the 150 THP Sport out as a demonstrator over the weekend, i was very impressed its just a shame that the snow stopped play.

Is the poor carpet fitting on the passenger side under the glovebox a common fault?
                      First I've heard of it. Compare it to another one the next time you're in. It's likely to have been caused by someone taking the car out for a demo and having clumsy feet
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

defo go for a diesel, should save you fuel when going long distance. if going round the doors petrol recommened

Comment

I had a similar decision to make and went for the 1.6 THP. I cover about the same mileage and get 40-45mpg on the motorway, which isn't too shoddy for a petrol. I know it's nowhere near the diesel's economy but when I give it the beans on a B road, I instantly know I made the right choice.

Comment

You considered getting it remapped Andy? I reckon you could get that to a consistent 45MPG..
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Beardo View Post

Hi Beardo,

Unfortunatly yes this is a common fault....Dealer replaced mine but hopefully Citroen should of sorted these problems by now:redface:

Comment

Working...
                              X