Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the future!

Well this is a first...
    I can't believe I've just joined an owners club, mind you I also find it difficult to believe that I've recently taken up Sea Kayaking, begun a volunteer apprenticeship to operate a windmill, started training for the 'Para 10' race next year and changed my 3 Series Beemer for a hatch back!!
    Maybe reaching 55 (against some people's expectations) has something to do with it; that and the fact that my wife recently dragged me to the local Citroen dealer to look at a DS3 Sport Plus she "liked the look of". Mmmmm, not quite what I expected. A bit more solid than I anticipated, a bit better equipped (The standard DS3SP spec was the same as my BMW optional extras spec) and the PCP deal was almost exactly half the cost as a like for like PCP deal from BMW. May as well take it for a test drive eh...

OMG!! Once we were out of the salesman's sight I was transported straight back to 1980's Germany where, as a young serviceman, I had just bought my first car on NAAFI finance; a brand new, tax free, Mk 1 Golf GTI a legendary car in it's day. OK the Beemer is also a fantastic drivers car so long as it's not snowing but the DS delivers millimeter for millimeter the same sized stupid grin on my face as my old GTI.

So what happened... my wife bought hers, I borrowed it to drive up to Yorkshire, called the garage on the way back to order one for myself and now I've got my own little pocket rocket sat on the drive and I'm finding excuses to nip down the shops, volunteering to drive on a night out and visiting relatives more often than ever. All of which are undertaken at greater speeds than are strictly necessary. All I need now to complete the regression from man to Yoofhood is a set of furry dice, a baseball cap and maybe one of those nice young WAAF's I remember so fondly.
    Last edited by Ex111; 01-11-2013, 14:26. Reason: typo

Points to this man for the best opening post!

Welcome!

What did you go for in the end?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Welcome to the club

Pics!
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Hi Fish,
        I went for the Sport Plus: Shark Grey, Black Roof. Kind of wanted one in White, Blue like the wife had but thought they might look a bit nobby sat next to each other on the drive and I'm self employed so it's probably a more sensible 'business like' colour in front of the clients.

Comment

Hi Beef,
          I'll post a pic next time I've got the kayak on top. Surprising how a 16 foot boat strapped to the roof makes the car seem a bit small.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex111 View Post
            I'll post a pic next time I've got the kayak on top. Surprising how a 16 foot boat strapped to the roof makes the car seem a bit small.
            Looking forward to it
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Good post Ex111. Welcome to the club
              What part of Kent? Petrol or diesel Dsport or have I not read properly
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi welcome enjoy
                DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the gang! Looking forward to pics too
                  2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Welcome to the club and a great first post
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the club, great car isn't it? I'll keep an eye out when driving round kent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Welcome buddy =)
                        Booze:Joni: cars:ds3: rangers fc:bow:

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Nice to see another Kayaker on here, I'm more white water.
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                              Welcome to the club!

Nice to see another Kayaker on here, I'm more white water.
                              I used to kayak till I was told to stop by the doctor. Bit of polo, bit of slalom, bit of sea and white water. Miss it lots :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                              Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X