No announcement yet.

Racoon avoids a crash captured by dashcam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First let me say I would most likely driven the same as you without any back and forth in that light traffic ,might have pulled over in that space right before he cut in but only if the civic had been back there a while. On the other hand Do not think he was trying to brake check you he just needed to slow back down after cutting in so he did not hit that car in front.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

obviously the nob-ed in the honda does'nt comply with the 2 second rule for motorways as you was keeping a safe distance from the car ahead deffo report the asss prob some halfwitt in a rush for some doughnuts
      e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
      Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
        Do not think he was trying to brake check you he just needed to slow back down after cutting in so he did not hit that car in front.
        Which was his own doing by forcing himself into that position don't you think? Regardless of the safety of others within his immediate environment.
        Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
        Take a pride in your ride
        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
          http://youtu.be/TeLUaLmx97k

Please note, I was aware of my surroundings. The Civic entered the motorway from J11 (the last junction I passed before the undertake).

Should I have, with nobody behind me, continually moved in/out of the lanes to ensure I wasn't lane hogging? Probably with hindsight, yes.
          I would done the same, the car in front of you was lane hogging, they should have moved over to to let You past :-) great water beading off the windscreen though! What do you use?
          Wasn't the M62 where people would get shot for driving like that Honda.... Or flashing cars without the headlights on..?

Comment

Originally posted by MadMan0 View Post
            I would done the same, the car in front of you was lane hogging, they should have moved over to to let You past :-) great water beading off the windscreen though! What do you use?
            Wasn't the M62 where people would get shot for driving like that Honda.... Or flashing cars without the headlights on..?

The repellent was a sample of an unreleased product. Will be available for retail soon.
            I don't know about the shootings on the M62 lol. Not heard that before. Probably the Liverpool end lol😉
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
              Which was his own doing by forcing himself into that position don't you think? Regardless of the safety of others within his immediate environment.
              I quite agree just saying that his braking was not a malicious action directed towards you just an unintended consequence of his irresponsible driving.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Is the amour all sheild rain repellant out yet? Have you tried this one...

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                  I quite agree just saying that his braking was not a malicious action directed towards you just an unintended consequence of his irresponsible driving.
                  Got to agree with that yeah.

Comment

Were you lane hogging? Debatable. At no point were you the ultimate cause of obstruction to anyone behind in the third lane, because there was a car directly in front of you at all times. Also - most of the time - you were travelling faster than other traffic in lane two, if not actually overtaking it.

At the point when the Honda undertook you, you were catching up with, and about to overtake, another car in lane two, and were therefore correctly positioned on the road (IMHO). The Honda's manouvre was dangerous and not the result of anything you did. As for the brake check - as others have said above, that looked to me like him having to brake to avoid ploughing into the car in front having overdone the acceleration whilst cutting in front of you.

There was only one dangerous prat in that video, and it wasn't you!
                    Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                      Were you lane hogging? Debatable. At no point were you the ultimate cause of obstruction to anyone behind in the third lane, because there was a car directly in front of you at all times. Also - most of the time - you were travelling faster than other traffic in lane two, if not actually overtaking it.

At the point when the Honda undertook you, you were catching up with, and about to overtake, another car in lane two, and were therefore correctly positioned on the road (IMHO). The Honda's manouvre was dangerous and not the result of anything you did. As for the brake check - as others have said above, that looked to me like him having to brake to avoid ploughing into the car in front having overdone the acceleration whilst cutting in front of you.

There was only one dangerous prat in that video, and it wasn't you!
                      Cheers Bryn👍
                      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by MadMan0 View Post
                        Is the amour all sheild rain repellant out yet? Have you tried this one...
                        Not tried it pal
                        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Yeah looking at it again I have to agree with the braking thing.

As well as everything else mentioned the M62 at that point only continues in the two rightmost lanes. Moving to the left would 9 times out of 10 be greeted with a vehicle from the left lane moving to the right to continue on the M62.
                          It may not be to exact word of the highway code but the route you drove was definitely the safest and most efficient for the speed you were travelling. I would have done exactly the same.

Comment

Usually when I see people driving like that on a motorway (tailgating right in front of me) and I'm in lane 3 then I will carefully move to lane 2 anyway before something bad happens...

Comment

Thanks for showing the video

I agree with Bryn.

The Honda was clearly in the wrong. Cut in front and was going too fast and had to break afterwards. The car in front of you, could have moved to lane 2 and let you pass as the silver car was still in lane 1 for a while and you were clearing catching up to the car in lane 3.
                              Last edited by XanderCage13; 10-09-2014, 18:10.
                              Aka:
                              Alex

:ds3:
                              Blue Phoenix
                              DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

If that was me Andy, I'd have no worries of reporting that idiot to the police. His actions we down right dangerous. Even if he only gets a caution, it would be worth it.
                                Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Working...
                                X