Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want the good news or the bad news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want the good news or the bad news?

Hi, I thought you'd be interested in this even if your car insurance isn't due just yet but especially if it is! There's some bad news but there's also some relief at the end...

The bad news
    According to an industry report last week, Comprehensive car insurance premiums are now at their highest levels since 2010.

The report reveals that the average premium rose to £847 during Q2 of 2017. That's an increase of £66 or 8.4% across the last quarter and £132 or 18.5% across the last 12 months.

The report cites 4 main reasons:

1) the increase in Insurance Premium Tax (IPT), which has been going up since July 2015 and now sits at 12%,

2) the marked reduction in the Ogden discount rate for personal injury awards,

3) good old Brexit - insurers are seeing increases in the cost of vehicle repairs, fuelled by Brexit’s impact on car part prices, and

4) greater repair complexity as the level of expensive technology in vehicles increases.

The report claims there's no evidence to suggest the increases are going to abate. A £1,000 average premium is still on the horizon but is getting closer.

There's some good news though...
    Chris Knott's average new policy premium is just £405 - less than half the national average according to the report. This is also a much shallower increase across the last year - only £14 (3.6%) and still bucking the trend.

As a happy client recently said "This is my third year with @ChrisKnottIns and every year they beat all my other quotes for both cars that are modded. Many thanks again and keep up the good work and the prices down!" carcall, Audi-Sport forum

Please give us a call for a quote to access these lower average rates for club members. You'll need to mention this forum to gain access to our 'Clubs & Enthusiasts scheme'.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274

ONLINE: Visit https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/CarQuote to request a call back.

Feedback about our clubs and enthusiasts offering:

"Well Chris Knott's has come good again - this is my 3rd year with them now this year. They beat all other quotes I was getting without even trying." Rusty2009, Astra J/GTC OC

"Another customer today. Not entirely new as insured a few Alfas with you many years ago. Good price, friendly chat with Ian. Not convinced about the need to supply driving licence check code as never had to do that before, nothing to hide but guess it's to flush out some that have." gavp, BabyBMW forum

"Hi Guys, just purchased my first policy from you - beat my renewal with AXA of £845, now I'm paying £760. Happy motoring. Easy, quick and competitive ." Vrs_Maj, VWAudi Forum

CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE - the right choice for DS3Club members
    QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 :: CLUB CODE: 215

Follow us: Twitter | Facebook

***NOTE*** - for over 25s only.

But I've just experienced the rising premiums, luckily still got slightly cheaper than the last year though. Will definitely be enquiring here once I hit that magical insurance age of 25.

Hopefully that £1k average never materialises...
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
      ***NOTE*** - for over 25s only.

But I've just experienced the rising premiums, luckily still got slightly cheaper than the last year though. Will definitely be enquiring here once I hit that magical insurance age of 25.

Hopefully that £1k average never materialises...
      Hi, it's 23 for most if not all DS3 models.

Comment

I'm 23 and got turned away for my age... and I don't even have a turbo model.
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I was insured at 24 by CK with a modified 165THP.
          @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
            I'm 23 and got turned away for my age... and I don't even have a turbo model.
            When was that BenS?

Comment

Must have been about 2 weeks ago, since my renewal was on the 13th
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

That's very odd. I'm looking at the acceptance criteria right here and a Performance Line DS5's would be 25 but every other DS model is 23, including therefore all the DS3's.

Maybe it was your experience of the car that was lacking - how long have you had it?

Comment

About 18 months.
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

That's just odd then. If you want to PM me your name and the phone number you'd have called from (with a rough date) I'll try and listen to the call. There may be a training need this end

best,
                    Nick

Comment

Hey Chris,

Is there any requirement on how long you've had your license? I'm 25 and my insurance is due for renewal next month but will only be the first year I've been driving?

Thanks in advance,
                      Bradley

Comment

Thanks Nick, I'm not too worried though. Will be looking around again come next renewal anyway, so will try then.
                        Join the Facebook Group!
                        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Berch View Post
                          Hey Chris,

Is there any requirement on how long you've had your license? I'm 25 and my insurance is due for renewal next month but will only be the first year I've been driving?

Thanks in advance,
                          Bradley
                          Hi Berch, the absolute minimum is one year's NCB but on some models that'll rise to 2. We also like you to have some experience of the car and again that's based on the individual model.

Best thing is to give us a call and we'll do all we can to find you a good deal.

best,
                          Nick

Comment

you do motors that have been modified- seats removed, bucket seats and roll bars etc etc?
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

They deffo provide cover for modified cars Chris as I've used them to get mine covered, not sure my mods are anything like as extensive as yours though - is that for the Clio ?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X