No announcement yet.

Bumblebee 4hr decontamination and protection detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do indeed �� , when I know when il have free time I shall let you know ����

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
      Yes pal

Polish creates the shine (and some fill in swirls and scratches) and a wax/sealant protects the polish and thus the paintwork from the outside elements.

You would not polish without applying an LSP (last stage protection) on top.

Hope this now makes sense
      Ah, gotcha. So what polish do you recommend? I have some Collinite 845, which I assume is that LSP then? I was considering it for both the body and wheels as a sealant...
      There are only three kinds of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't...

Comment

Originally posted by HailVectron View Post
        Ah, gotcha. So what polish do you recommend? I have some Collinite 845, which I assume is that LSP then? I was considering it for both the body and wheels as a sealant...
        AG SRP is a very good polish which has fillers so is good for masking (not removing swirls and light scratches) and the Colly is a good LSP.

It's extremely durable, produces a high gloss and has a long lasting protection.

It provides such a strong protective barrier preventing the adhesion of foreign elements and assures full protection against sun, rain, saltspray, bugs, dew, birds, smog, etc...

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax is best suited for lighter colours and those wanting maximum durability.

Won't be as effective though as say Fk1000p on alloys or a specific sealant such as Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels or Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine.

Give it a try though and let us know.
        Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
        Take a pride in your ride
        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

AG SRP is a very good polish which has fillers so is good for masking (not removing swirls and light scratches) and the Colly is a good LSP.

It's extremely durable, produces a high gloss and has a long lasting protection.

It provides such a strong protective barrier preventing the adhesion of foreign elements and assures full protection against sun, rain, saltspray, bugs, dew, birds, smog, etc...

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax is best suited for lighter colours and those wanting maximum durability.

Won't be as effective though as say Fk1000p on alloys or a specific sealant such as Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels or Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine.

Give it a try though and let us know.
          Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions mate, it really is much appreciated.
          There are only three kinds of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't...

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions mate, it really is much appreciated.
            Anytime pal
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Anytime pal
              Do you ever go *wheels off* for sealing both sides? The bellones have big gaps, but I'm not sure you could get your hand in for a decent buff off could you?

Comment

Do you ever go *wheels off* for sealing both sides? The bellones have big gaps, but I'm not sure you could get your hand in for a decent buff off could you?
                I would most definitely if I had a spare wheel kit. Just have a compressor under the boot floor. I have in the past, drove one of the wheels up a kerb and lay on the floor to seal the insides properly. I now use a Nanomeric wheel seal and protect spray in an aerosol can which is ideal for the insides.
                @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

... and as always Andy does a fantastic job, enjoyable to watch him work and good to catch up too!
                  Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
                  CEO smartphonegurus.com
                  Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
                  Cars:
                  Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Originally posted by dbrewood View Post
                    ... and as always Andy does a fantastic job, enjoyable to watch him work and good to catch up too!
                    You too Daron
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

fantastic job as always Rabid.

Could you give some guidance on how you deal with stone chips sometime perhaps in a new thread?

Comment

Originally posted by TypeDS3 View Post
                        fantastic job as always Rabid.

Could you give some guidance on how you deal with stone chips sometime perhaps in a new thread?
                        I just use this method pal, shown to me by a smart repairer. Extremely effective and very cheap.

Just dont use the small brush that is supplied with the touch up paint. Uses far too much paint.

Get some light brown masking tape and roll into a point; apply a drop from the brush onto a piece of paper (so it's like an easel) and touch point of masking tape onto easel and use this as your applicator

You can build up the coats once dried.

Easy peasy
                        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Thanks Rabid, that's really helpful.

Comment

Got a fair few stone chips on mine that in the past tried to use the brush you get on. Have to redo them as currently they look real bad. Any advice for removing paint on a bad attempt to correct stone chips?

Comment

Originally posted by pmk View Post
                              Got a fair few stone chips on mine that in the past tried to use the brush you get on. Have to redo them as currently they look real bad. Any advice for removing paint on a bad attempt to correct stone chips?
                              Exactly what dbrewood had on his. A quick wipe with the awfully expensive yet extremely effective Zaino AIO Paint cleanser and all excess paint on bodywork around the chip was instantly removed. Try AG SRP if no Zaino AIO.
                              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Yeah I can confirm that the Zaino AIO Paint cleanser sorted outmy iffy attepts at touching up
                                Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
                                CEO smartphonegurus.com
                                Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
                                Cars:
                                Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Working...
                                X