No announcement yet.

DS3 Special Edition (White) - Cleaning Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used Showroom Shine from Ideal World Shopping Channel. No water polish and never had a scratch (Though I don't use it on heavily dirtied area) Takes about 20 mins to do the whole car and it's always the first thing I do when I get a new car

Comment

Originally posted by nufoot View Post
      don't it'll get micro scratches all over it
      Wow never thought of that...thanx mate
      DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

It's almost a science!!! Worth a read if you hate scratches and want that showroom shine.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...+to+wash+a+car

Comment

Or you could just do this!

Comment

Carwash XD

Comment

Demon shine...x2 for a fiver in asda
              DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

MAguires wheel cleaner now my favourite brings up white wheels a treat

Comment

If you look about half way down the thread you will see why the two bucket method of washing a car will help protect your lush paintwork.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=203034

Comment

Thats crazy man, he has so many things to wash the car with :O

Comment

Originally posted by sim22 View Post
                      Thats crazy man, he has so many things to wash the car with :O
                      That's the ticket fella. At the minute, I'm doing my car weekly with a full exterior (two bucket method also) wash, I do quite a lot of miles per week though, so come Friday night, the car is filthy. But aye, if you want it to look it's best, you're better off investing in the good stuff and not the cheap shit from Asda or Tesco!

Comment

The thing is the good stuff usually last a lot longer as its more concentrated so in the long run usually works out the same. Plus if you buy trough a forum you often get discounts. The one thing that I noticed too with "proper" cleaning products is that they often smell SO nice too! Sounds a bit weird but it actually makes cleaning the car more enjoyable in a non weird strange kind of way of course!! Check out a product called Bilberry alloy cleaner. Its the best cleaner I have found on the market and also smells good too. Also another fantactic product that you will see everybody use on that forum is Tardis, which sprays on and gently removes road tar from sills and wheel arches.

Comment

Whays everyones choice of product for tyre shiney stuff? I used to use a yellow gel stuff which looked great, but think it was too greasy and everything stuck to it

Comment

Meguiars tyre stuff is my choice
                            Team Yellow not White

Comment

Yes, Meguiars, apply it to the cloth, then the tyre, then wipe of any excess.

Stef
                              2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Working...
                              X