Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone brave enough to do a clean today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone brave enough to do a clean today?

Did mine today as it's in for its 60k mile service tomorrow. Decided against using the hose and Nilfisk due to the water that would have been left on the ground would have froze over night and been dangerous for family and neighbours tomorrow.

I had a large piece of cardboard which I lay on the floor under the sill between the front and rear wheel on each side; sprayed Power Maxed TFR onto bodywork and glass with the Mesto foamer and after a few minutes used a mitt with shampoo wrung well on the paintwork. A garden pressure sprayer with water was then used to rinse off the suds. Patted dry then Power Maxed QD applied. I have found this to be brilliant in these low temperatures (applied today 1degree celsius) with no smearing whatsoever. Tyres dressed with Frost Car Care Onyx.

Also did under the bonnet with G101 and Highstyle. Then wanted to try a sealant/wax combo on the bonnet so applied 1 coat of Frost Car Care Armour sealant then 3 coats of Frost Car Care Aura wax.

Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 28-12-2014, 18:05.
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

I did a quick wash, but it was far too cold to do a proper clean. The water was freezing on the car so I stopped after I pat dried it. I wanted to test out the PM QD as well .

Comment

Yep- did mine today in the sunshine

Demon snowfoam, dried, Sonax red polish/wax front of car, blackened all the blackplastidip and plastic bits, metal polish s/steel exhaust tips, rain repellant on windows, under bonnet clean/blacken then left to chill out :-)

My tip- if you cant face polish/wax the whole car, do a couple panels and do alternate panels on next wash day
      Last edited by Chris_Blue; 28-12-2014, 18:13.
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yep did mine got too dark to polish but allot better than it wasClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419796688.847062.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	359119

Comment

I done a full decontamination of my car as I have that many different samples on it, it was in desperate need.

Now it has our new polish on and finished with xmas pud! 7 hours in the freezing cold! It was well worth it

Shame I applied polish by hand, the new polish has removed most of the swirls but not all!
          Join us on Social Media

Comment

Anyone brave enough to do a clean today?

Quick four hour new car detail on this ex DS3 owners new car today

A beautiful M**i Paceman Cooper S turned up and was made ready now for winter with a few certain products.

Prewashed with undiluted Power Maxed TFR (purchased) applied by a Mesto foamer (purchased)

Alloys cleaned with AMD wheel cleaner (purchased), wheel woolies (purchased) and a dookable wheel mitt (welcome gift from a very kind DS3 owner on here)

Decontaminated with Frost Car Care Pure shampoo (freebie) and Autosmart decon towel (purchased)

Patted dry with Serious Performance Uber drying towel (purchased)

Coating of GTechniq C2v3 (purchased) applied to all bodywork and plastics

Coating of Collinite 476S wax (purchased)

Windscreen treated with Frost Car Care Lotus (freebie)

Tyres dressed with Gtechniq T2 (purchased)

Alloys sealed with CarPlan Nanomeric wheel seal and protect (purchased)

Now ready for Mother Nature

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

So depressed �� not been able to clean mine for ages..
              http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...psed17aa4f.jpg

Comment

I done mine yesterday, waxed and all that
                DS3 Evo Edition
                Sport Red
                E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
                Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

Did mine on Sunday too. Photos on instagram.

Even added a couple little extras too.

Great day for it too!
                  Aka:
                  Alex

:ds3:
                  Blue Phoenix
                  DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Did mine again wonder how long it will last Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422112240.397795.jpg
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	359153Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422112252.611208.jpg
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	359154Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422112269.648939.jpg
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	359155Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422112280.378077.jpg
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	359156Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422112309.111094.jpg
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	359157

Comment

Did mine today as well, and not just a quick wash either. Protection needed topping up, so went the whole hog. Finally got a chance to use the new Power Maxed QD and tyre dressing as well. Protection provided by Fusso Light!

Comment

Shiney shiney

Comment

Very shiny! Make sure you have a scarecrow up to get rid of the magpies! Otherwise, you'll be carless quicker than a bird shitting on your freshly detailed car
                          Washed mine quickly the other evening, and within an hour, a bird bombed my rear window with what I can only presume was diarrhea :,-(
                          Aka:
                          Alex

:ds3:
                          Blue Phoenix
                          DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Looking good everyone!

Mine and Kats got a quick wash today, not spotless but a definite improvement. Planning on a proper clean before Krispy Kreme next weekend.
                            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Quick TFR clean of mine today and the bonnet was then treated to a new to me wax, Malco Butter Wax (unedited picture). Can't name other products involved atm as I am to start a competition tomorrow on Instagram for people to guess what products were used to then win a sample pack 👍 ps yours is looking good Mark.

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                              X