Best Clay Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Clay Bar

Il probably take advantage of the 3 for 2 at Halfords again and I know they do clay bars, recommendations from the usual suspects please

They will probably say this. I have one but not tried using it yet.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I bought one of those a while back but I don't think I'm using it right....

Crap memory at the mo but when I followed the instructions it didn't do anything I'm sure its me as others here love them...
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks gents, didn't notice those in my local store but il have a more in-depth look tomorrow.

Comment

Couldn't get on with a clay bar myself- the Clay Mitten, fabulous
          Great finish
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

If you get a clay bar, make sure you get a good quality QD as the lubricant.
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
              They will probably say this. I have one but not tried using it yet.
              I've never used a clay bar, but this mitt is great. Car felt sooo smooooth when I used it.

My Dad uses one of the Bilt Hamber clay bars, which only needs water as a lubricant. Seems to work well for him
              Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
              Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Ok, so accepting that I'm the idiot how did you all get the great results with this mitt ? What did you use with it QD or bucket of car shampoo ?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  Ok, so accepting that I'm the idiot how did you all get the great results with this mitt ? What did you use with it QD or bucket of car shampoo ?
                  I used this with mine
                  Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                  Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

That's what I used too Kat but the mitt just seemed to wipe over the surface of the body panel and not remove the small blobs of tar that I was hoping it would...

I'll try again next time - thanks for the confirmation.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've used Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit. Comes with a bottle of Quik Detailer spray, 2 clay bars and a microfibre cloth. Really easy to use and left my car smoother than any polish.

Going to be using it today to get ready for Trax.
                      May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                      October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                      Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                        I was under awed when I first used the mitt with the Farecla G3 Bodyshop Detailer, it seemed to just apply the QD and give artificially good results that weren't really any better than using just the QD!
                        I had much better joy when using it with a strong shampoo solution, the matching Farecla one is superb.

Comment

I almost tried it last night with the shampoo but didn't want to ruin it ! I will do that next time - thanks !
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't use with a QD Chris as I want to be decontaminating the car not adding a QD. As Matt says, using a strong shampoo solution makes for a great combination
                            http://youtu.be/0Vu2dkm3yis
                            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                            Take a pride in your ride
                            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Your Ride View Post
                              I don't use with a QD Chris as I want to be decontaminating the car not adding a QD. As Matt says, using a strong shampoo solution makes for a great combination
                              http://youtu.be/0Vu2dkm3yis
                              Noted, il give the car a really good seeing too on Wednesday before I shoot up to Jamie sparrows fart on Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                              X