No announcement yet.

Car wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got any tips on winter waxing? Just want some extra protection from all the salt and dirt coming our way

Comment

Originally posted by Bensds3 View Post
      Anyone got any tips on winter waxing? Just want some extra protection from all the salt and dirt coming our way
      Erm, how many pages do you want me to write?

A quick answer, proper wash, ideally clay, then light polish, followed by Colinite if you want bullet proof winter protection.

Regards,
      Clive.
      CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
      DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
        Erm, how many pages do you want me to write?

A quick answer, proper wash, ideally clay, then light polish, followed by Colinite if you want bullet proof winter protection.

Regards,
        Clive.
        I tried Colinite and didnt like it, was a bitch to get off! But then I prolly didnt do it right
        Has Lexia Tool :o)

Comment

ive had the evil superguard applied, which i regret now (just for cost and lack of effectiveness).

Using such a heavy protective wax shouldnt be an issue? Had it 6 months now and its losing its shine, needs some elbow greese for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by germinus View Post
            I tried Colinite and didnt like it, was a bitch to get off! But then I prolly didnt do it right
            You need to apply it super thin (as with all waxes), the UK market tends to favour paste/liquid waxes but 'solid' waxes like Colinite are favoured elsewhere and certainly solid waxes are the preference in detailing circles. The trick with these is super thin (Colinite 915, one tin minimum 60 coats of an average car) - plus with Colinite it will set hard if you leave it too long - two panels maximum then remove would be my suggestion.

Regards,
            Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bensds3 View Post
              ive had the evil superguard applied, which i regret now (just for cost and lack of effectiveness).

Using such a heavy protective wax shouldnt be an issue? Had it 6 months now and its losing its shine, needs some elbow greese for sure!
              Colinite will be fine - it's just got great durability, as opposed to 'heavy' as you put it.

Regards,
              Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                You need to apply it super thin (as with all waxes), the UK market tends to favour paste/liquid waxes but 'solid' waxes like Colinite are favoured elsewhere and certainly solid waxes are the preference in detailing circles. The trick with these is super thin (Colinite 915, one tin minimum 60 coats of an average car) - plus with Colinite it will set hard if you leave it too long - two panels maximum then remove would be my suggestion.

Regards,
                Clive.
                Cheers Clive but I have found some other stuff which is amazing!
                Has Lexia Tool :o)

Comment

Working...
                X