No announcement yet.

Scuff Mark On Shiny Dash & Dirty Instrument Panel Lens Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been told to replace dash panel would mean my car would be needed for a week not the hour and a half they said and if replaced then chances of rattling etc.

So left with a car with visual defect inside which will effect resale or a potential rattle that will drive me mental.

Don't know what to do, is there some sorta compensation I could get for the scuff mark? I'm really not happy about this but at a loss

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    In the immortal words of Ari Gold .... Lets hug it out bitch !!!!!

DS3 Style Plus 1.6 VTI 120bhp, White/Black

Comment

If it's faulty and it bothers you then get it changed. They should fit the new one and ensure that it DOES'NT rattle. Can't see how it would take more than 2 hours to replace this

Comment

Originally posted by geemacd View Post
        Just been told to replace dash panel would mean my car would be needed for a week not the hour and a half they said and if replaced then chances of rattling etc.

So left with a car with visual defect inside which will effect resale or a potential rattle that will drive me mental.

Don't know what to do, is there some sorta compensation I could get for the scuff mark? I'm really not happy about this but at a loss

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
        If it's faulty and it bothers you then get it changed. They should fit the new one and ensure that it DOES'NT rattle. Can't see how it would take more than 2 hours to replace this
        Have to agree, if it's annoying you get it changed. I think they are just trying to put you off with the 'it'll take a week and will rattle'. It shouldn't be more than a couple of days and it's up to them to make sure it doesn't rattle.
        DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

No 1 - 2 tiny scuff type marks on the black shiny part of the dash
          1 week no way, those panels are just clipped in for gods sake.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Well the saga continues :

Went on in saturday morning and spoke to the Service Manager who was not aware of the issue and after me telling him what I was told, he said it wouldnt take that long only a couple of days. he then went to get the Sales Manager who knew about the problem (and also before hand had stated that for my trouble I would have my car filled with petrol when uplifted on the Saturday)

Sales manager looked at the file notes and sat me down to discuss, I even showed him the guide on this forum to remove the dash and how simple it was and he said this was all not acceptable, he cant understand all of what has going on, as "they have a much better service than the one I have seen" and this "never happens"

So I was to take my car away and he would arrange for a courtesy car to be dropped off at my place of work on Monday, my car would be taken away for a maximum of 48hrs and returned with the dash replaced with no rattles or noises present, superb I thought decisive action at last.

Get my car from the car park and find there has been no petrol put in it as promised.

Monday - awaiting phone call to let me know where and when they will be coming and as usual nothing arrives. I phone them at 4.30pm and get told that two courtesy cars that were due back in didnt arrive due to the weather. The weather seriously WTF ??? Some wind and rain and allegedly they cant get cars back, I dont know anyone that was hampered in anyway yesterday with the weather. In my journeys yesterday, I saw one street blocked off due to a falling tree, guess what ... I went down the next street instead. So this will be arranged on Tuesday

Tuesday 12.25pm - Guess what ... still no phone call

Service from this place is disgraceful, no phone call has been received by me or my good lady (she also bought a new car at the same time C3 picasso) when they say they will, emails received from the company about the car have all been received after the fact (eg got an email stating to me if I want accessories fitted and what radio stations would I like my stereo programmed to for when I pick the car up, this came three days after I picked the car up) and this ongoing fiasco is just ridiculous.

This company is soon going to be named and shamed with letters and emails winging there way everywhere as I am reaching the end of my tether here

Comment

The weather seriously WTF ??? Some wind and rain and allegedly they cant get cars back, I dont know anyone that was hampered in anyway yesterday with the weather. In my journeys yesterday, I saw one street blocked off due to a falling tree, guess what ... I went down the next street instead. So this will be arranged on Tuesday
              ^^apologies, this bit made me giggle.... As for the rest of it, thats a bloody joke!! On top of all that, i've read on here that the customer services aren't great either, but i suppose a strongly worded letter would be a good start!!
              Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

How bad was this scuff mark?? Surely it could have been smart repaired rather then all the grief you're going though.

I can understand the Courtesy car lark and many customers come back with them late, the day after or filthy which means they need to be throughly cleaned before they go out again, but this is a classic case of what I have said before, get everything in writing and agreed before anything is done.

Hopefully you will get this all sorted out.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                  How bad was this scuff mark?? Surely it could have been smart repaired rather then all the grief you're going though.

I can understand the Courtesy car lark and many customers come back with them late, the day after or filthy which means they need to be throughly cleaned before they go out again, but this is a classic case of what I have said before, get everything in writing and agreed before anything is done.

Hopefully you will get this all sorted out.
                  2 small marks on centre of dash panel above hazard & door buttons and 1 down by radio, they aint that big, rather small but noticeable. To try to repair on the shiny black piano finish would just cause dull spots which would be more noticeable is what I have been told directly by the company thats why they have said they will swap it out.

Update - phoned them to chase them up (as I have had to do everytime they were due to call me, this includes when purchasing the car) and Sales Manager and Sales Man are either in meetings or out, so i think its safe to say this aint happening today either now

Comment

Hmm... I had a smart repair done on a new style C3 with the grey shiny dashboard after the customer's daughter stuck their feet on it, left a scratch across the finish which was sorted out no problem.

Ah...the old 'in a meeting' excuse!
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I had a scuff mark on my Carmen Red dash (my fault!). A couple of minutes' work with Meguiar's Scratch-X sorted it.

Comment

Should't matter weather it is replaced or smart repaired as long as the you can't tell it was scratched when they are done. But that's the problem isn't it. Getting the dealer to do something, not just avoid and make appointments that are not kept.
                        After you finely get him to fix this initial problem. Dump this guy and go somewhere else. There are good service departments out there. Try not to be turned off by this one.

Comment

Totally agree Cyclone, I wasnt bothered how it got repaired, just that it did in some way, they are the ones who stated it was a complete replace job

Well after another phone call to them yesterday afternoon, I eventually got my car uplifted and was given a Hyundai ix20 to drive until mine comes back (the dealership is a joint citroen/hyundai place). They say they will call me today to let me know progress and when I will get my car back (not holding my breath), but the 1x20 aint too bad to drive until I get mine back.

Comment

Swear to God you couldn't make this lot up,

car has returned with dash panel replaced .... well half of it replaced so the big scratch down next to radio is still there

Sent car away again to get that part fixed

No wonder I drink!!!!!

Comment

No wonder I drink!!!!!
                              Well have one for me to. I'm in Saudi Arabia (alcohol and fun are illegal)

Comment

Working...
                              X