Collinite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collinite

Been buying loads in prep for my new ds3 thought would try out the collinite wax on my mrs,s Vw polo at the weekend, what a pleasure, easy on amazingly easy off, and the finish for a 10 year old car was amamazing! Will prob be even better on nice new paint when I get the ds3!! Rained during the night loads and the beading was amazing , water just ran off as I drove off car still as clean now , well impressed with the purchase !!

I use Collinite 476S on mine, excellent stuff.

Stef
    2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

you know, i think i have a problem.... every time someone recommends these bloody things i order them online. far too trusting me thinks!
      Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

If you want the ultimate protection from Collinite, buy some CarLack 68 to prepare the paint before applying the Collinite..............................

Stef

Comment

Cheers stef, tho i have an autoglym sealant thing that i haven't tried yet, i'll give it a go 1st!
          quick question about the collinite tho - can it be applied to my vinyl roof??
          Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Mmm, not sure. I certainly apply most sealants on my DS3R decals, although as they are textured I try not to deliberately put it on them. Having said that, my Wife's previous Fiat 500 had an Italian roof stripe and we always waxed over the top of that and in 3 years it was fine.

Stef

Comment

I was the same had to order after positive reviews but I can c why it's amazing stuff !

Comment

I use Collinite 476S too... Good stuff! Stef, why use the CarLack 68 sealer before the wax, don't they do the same thing basically?
                DS3 DSport 110HDi Sport Red with Black Roof
                Red Alcantara / Carbon Dash / My Way City Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Nick View Post
                  I use Collinite 476S too... Good stuff! Stef, why use the CarLack 68 sealer before the wax, don't they do the same thing basically?
                  Carlack is a pretty good cleaner and gives good surface prep for the Collinite to bond too.

Quite a few of the online detailing supplies sellers recommend the two together.

Stef

Comment

Great i was wondering whether to buy this, you guys seem happy with the stuff. where can you get it from? is it just on line?
                    “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Comment

I haven't seen it in the likes of Halfords so may be online is the best bet.

Just do a Google search for it to find the best price.

Stef

Comment

eBay think I paid £12.50 free delivery best money spent in years just can't wait to get my ds3 to use it on now !!!

Comment

What colour is Collinite? I'm asking because at the moment I'm using Auto Glym SRP or Triplewax Fast Wax depending on how much time I've got. The problem is that my car is White & it isn't easy to see where the polish has been applied. I used to use Turtle Wax from a tin on my last White car, this was a light Green colour & showed up quite well.
                          DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Collinite is kind of neutral to a cream colour.

Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                              Collinite is kind of neutral to a cream colour.

Stef
                              Thanks Stef, much the same as the SRP then, might still give it a go though.
                              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X