No announcement yet.

New car new cleaning kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, that's what spurred on my sudden spree of cleaning the other day...damn you halfords lol
    http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
    Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Originally posted by fatmcgav View Post
      Should be:
      • Red label: SRP - Super Resin Polish
      • Gold label: Extra Gloss Protection
      • Blue Label: Car Glass Polish

Would also recommend the Bumper & Trim gel, which is a green label, as there's a lot of 'trim' on the DS3...

Gav
      I Bought
      •Red label: SRP - Super Resin Polish

Fast Glass

Ultra deep Shine

What order do apply Resin first then ultra deep shine or other way round
      Last edited by Quazzo; 11-08-2012, 03:50.
      2012 Dstyle+ 1.6 eHDI 90 Airdreamsigpic
      Belle Ile Blue With Black Roof

Comment

Hi,

Either SRP or Ultra Deep Shine.....not both....

The ultra deep shine will remove the fillers in SRP if you put that on top of SRP ... essentially they are similar products....

Try SRP - see what you think

Try one on another occasion UDS, see which you prefer.

SRP is a superb product but UDS makes dark cars look pretty good too.

If you want to add extra protection Autoglym do a product I think it's called Extra Gloss Protection, which you can put on top of SRP.

Thanks,
        Clive.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Thank you Clive wished I went with the extra gloss protection Gav did mention that but they didn't have stock so went with ultra deep shine I shall return that and get gloss
          2012 Dstyle+ 1.6 eHDI 90 Airdreamsigpic
          Belle Ile Blue With Black Roof

Comment

Anyone got advice for people who live in hard water areas? Washing the car is ok but almost as soon as the water hits I start seeing streaks and dry spots. It's almost like the car can look worse after washing than it did before!

Comment

Originally posted by pcmaczone View Post
              Anyone got advice for people who live in hard water areas? Washing the car is ok but almost as soon as the water hits I start seeing streaks and dry spots. It's almost like the car can look worse after washing than it did before!
              Try not to wash the car in direct sunlight if possible, I try and make sure I keep the car wet, by rinsing regularly whilst washing until I'm ready to dry her off. Then a polish with SRP before waxing seems to help.
              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

It often makes me wonder what actually is the composition of rain? (Other than H20)
                Wash the car spotless- 2 days later after a couple periods of rain and theres mottled dust all over it
                (And thats without the car having moved)
                And that with a good wax/polish too
                CBLUE
                Last edited by Chris_Blue; 24-08-2012, 14:48.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Just wondered if there was something you can add to the water to stop the streaking, spots etc?

Comment

Hi,

You can buy in-line filters to soften the water - so much so it won't even dry with spots if you don't dry it - but that's the expensive option....

You can buy products that you spray on the car whilst still wet then dry it - often a simple quick detailer will help.

However, I live in a relatively hard water area, and the trick I find easiest is to just 'dry fast' (with a nice very soft plush drying towel of course!). Ideally avoid washing the car in really hot direct sunlight, but as long as you do a final rinse all round then dry fast you should be ok. I alaways dry the windows first if there's any sign of sun - this stops them spotting and also gets the towel damp which helps with drying the bodywork. But the trick is to go for it. Then after use a quick detailer on the bodywork which should help remove the odd watetr spot and restore the 'bling' of your chosen LSP (i.e. wax or sealant, whichever you applied when you detailed the car). If you've not given the car a layer of wax on a previous occasion the car may spot more - the wax helps reduce spotting somewhat in my experience.

Regards,
                    Clive.
                    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Thanks Clive much appreciated. Will let you know how i get on

Comment

If your car has a decent amount of wax on it i tend to flood all the panels dry and then just go at it with quick detailer . Like here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtoWk9thSEI
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myG7h...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                        X