Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
    He isnt a one off at all.

Every day i clean my car in some way or another; whether that be a daily spray of Zaino Z6 on bodywork and wheels or a 2bm wash. Just bought Orchard Autocares speedwax which is a fantastic product; got it 3 days ago and its had 6 coats already.

Yesterdays purchases were a £19 Woolly Mammoth drying towel and some Clearkote Machine Moose Glaze. This Sunday will be another £100 worth of goods from the DodoJuice open day at Shinearama.

I dont drink, i dont smoke, i dont hit a little white ball around a field trying to get it into a hole and i work hard. Obsessing and detailing of my car (not cleaning or valeting) is my passion and if that is obsessive then i dont give a sh@t
    Well said my man! You know there's addictions and addictions - mine are business (and it happens to pay, what a bonus!), detailing (love it), and now to a lesser extend my koi carp (only been to Japan four times to buy fish at silly £s) - like you I don't smoke, drink or any other type of "normal" addiction!

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
    I love obsessive compulsive people - they are usually:

1. Interesting.
    2. An expert on their chosen subject.
    3. An example that makes us feel we are not so bad after all!

JB
    James, thank you sir, so true indeed!

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

I think "obsessive" people are people that just do things on a regular basis to a VERY high standard. I am like it with most things. Whether it be my work, cleaning my car, helping the Wife with the housework (she says I drive her nuts because I take so long lol) or my real passion, Marine fishkeeping. I am also a little OCD in that everything HAS to be in its place. Not obsessive but if an ornament or something is slightly out of place I have to move it back a millimetre! Lol.

Just wonder if any of you passionate car cleaners are the same when it comes to other things?

Comment

I'm actually clinically diagnosed with OCD. It's not as much fun as it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Goonerman1 View Post
          I think "obsessive" people are people that just do things on a regular basis to a VERY high standard. I am like it with most things. Whether it be my work, cleaning my car, helping the Wife with the housework (she says I drive her nuts because I take so long lol) or my real passion, Marine fishkeeping. I am also a little OCD in that everything HAS to be in its place. Not obsessive but if an ornament or something is slightly out of place I have to move it back a millimetre! Lol.

Just wonder if any of you passionate car cleaners are the same when it comes to other things?
          Hi Goonerman, I, maybe stangely, find my 'OCD' is reasonably within defined subjects/areas - yes, I like things tidy, but I've got dogs and a couple of ladies in the house, so, hey ho. Yet my koi pond, I have measured every parameter going, controlled the temperature to within 0.1 of a degree (there's 7000 gallons to heat, makes my detailing hobby seem small change!), been to Japan to select my fish from thousands (happy if I bring just one home), can 'operate' on fish, etc, etc. And my detailing, well, once my 'eye is in' there's no stopping me chasing perfection....and I don't need to explain anymore about that obession here! Business, I'm the same, I get a real buzz from it, and the 'money' is almost a side effect.... I have even studied dual edge shaving and find that daily ritual a pleasure (well you do spend a lot of time in your life doing it, so I like to do it properly, and not with horrible modern cartridge razors, which don't get anywhere near the quality results and benefits on your skin that traditional methods do).

Originally posted by Supernik View Post
          I'm actually clinically diagnosed with OCD. It's not as much fun as it sounds.
          Sorry to hear that, I know we use the term 'OCD' quite lightly when we are fanatically enthusiasts - having watched some documentaries and read about the subject, I know it is a real condition that is not nice at all, and can even take lives. Best Wishes...

Regards,
          Clive.
          CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
          DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts Clive. It's much appreciated. It does have the benefit of me being very good at keeping my car well maintained.

Comment

Working...
            X