• Show
Clear All

Looks bloody awesome. And have replied
    Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
    CEO smartphonegurus.com
    Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
    Cars:
    Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Right one small annoyance.......

When I cleaned my car last weekend (clay / polish / wax) I included within that regimen polish / waxing the upper black portions of the car. Now I'm suffering an issue I had with my Pugs (when I gave them the same treatment) in that I've got streaks of what I presume is wax appearing on the black parts. The has only showed up since the weather has cooled off a bit and it has rained.

So what did I do wrong should I avoid wax on those areas, and how do I fix it? I had rubbed and polished but alas I think my arms don't have the muscle to polish it off.

I know no doubt that it will be fixed as part of the detailing I've got booked in but would be nice to resolve it before then if I can.
      Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
      Cars:
      Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Originally posted by dbrewood View Post
        Right one small annoyance.......

When I cleaned my car last weekend (clay / polish / wax) I included within that regimen polish / waxing the upper black portions of the car. Now I'm suffering an issue I had with my Pugs (when I gave them the same treatment) in that I've got streaks of what I presume is wax appearing on the black parts. The has only showed up since the weather has cooled off a bit and it has rained.

So what did I do wrong should I avoid wax on those areas, and how do I fix it? I had rubbed and polished but alas I think my arms don't have the muscle to polish it off.

I know no doubt that it will be fixed as part of the detailing I've got booked in but would be nice to resolve it before then if I can.
        Bump.......

Cleaned the car tonight (rinse with hose, Auto-glym shampoo and a dry off), still looks nice.....

But even though once dried I spent a good 5-10 minutes burnishing / polishing / rubbing those waxy bits they are still no better. Looks awful like engrained chalk off a black board. Any tips very much appreciated.
        Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
        Cars:

Comment

Is this on the matt areas?
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by dbrewood View Post
            Bump.......

Cleaned the car tonight (rinse with hose, Auto-glym shampoo and a dry off), still looks nice.....

But even though once dried I spent a good 5-10 minutes burnishing / polishing / rubbing those waxy bits they are still no better. Looks awful like engrained chalk off a black board. Any tips very much appreciated.
            Mine looks currently exactly same after waxing... i think the only way is to use some sort of wax remover...
            Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
            ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
              Andy if you or Clive were closer I'd be on your doorsteps for help and tips
              ME TOO !!! Ive just PM CliveP with a similar query on how to do a good job but not major Detailing as im only little, my arms cant take it !! takes me all day just to simply wash and wax !!!

I recon you should go on Detailing tours ... first stop Brighton !! :bow:
              DS3 DSPORT 155 THP- Fuchsia Pink/Thorium Grey Special Edition - DO NOT TOUCH !!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                Is this on the matt areas?
                Yep it is

Originally posted by ragnarok View Post
                Mine looks currently exactly same after waxing... i think the only way is to use some sort of wax remover...
                I am so glad I'm not alone. I hope there is a solution as it looks terrible!
                Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
                Cars:

Comment

I use Auto Glym Bumper care on all the matt areas, gives it a great finish, and puts a protective layer over.

Even with wax on the areas it takes it back to the black - Used on a few other cars who've had the same problem when at car meets.

Use on door/windscreen sides, front skirt, sides and rear diffuser.

Works a treat. WTF is getting a 6+hr clean tomorrow, I'll get some snaps of before and after.
                  My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

I'm using GTechniq C4 permanent trim restorer which gives a protective coating of unparalleled durability.

Unlike many trim products on the market C4 is an exceptionally thin (circa 30nm) optically clear film which means that it does not add an unattractive gloss film to the surface instead it restores all but the most faded trim to an as new condition. You can expect approximately 2 YEARS from a single application.

Down side is that it costs £30 for 15ml.
                    Up side is that I should hopefully not have to touch the black trim on the sills, door posts or the rear defuser until 2015.

Andy

Sent using Tapatalk
                    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                    Take a pride in your ride
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                      Works a treat. WTF is getting a 6+hr clean tomorrow, I'll get some snaps of before and after.
                      Looking forward to them WTF

Andy

Sent using Tapatalk
                      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

It's bloody raining here today !!! So not happy Was planning a decent clean of LFC today....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                          It's bloody raining here today !!! So not happy Was planning a decent clean of LFC today....
                          Wet here too, not happy either

Sent using Tapatalk
                          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

It will be Auto Glym Bumper care for me then I think. Mind you this morning I bought the Demon dirt remover and Demon Shine, oh and the screen wash.

And now rain has stopped play.... not impressed.
                            Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
                            Cars:

Comment

Sunny here!
                              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Cheers WTF.....

Mind you I took the advice and splashed out on the AutoGlym Bumper dressing gel and my chalky marks are gone so very pleased indeed.
                                Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
                                Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X