Wax Durability Test.......Thanks to 'Detailing World'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wax Durability Test.......Thanks to 'Detailing World'

I have had a few questions recently regarding Durability of waxes...which one to get etc.....
    I did a little research and found that a Test had been done on 'Detailing World'

Here is the test and results:
    http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=76435/

Obviously this was conducted a while ago, so there may be some more waxes that could be added
    Happy reading

Chris
    ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
    eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Commitment to the cause eh?

Whats the short answer

IE Cheapest and best wax

And how you determine how a wax works? Water all beads away, or globules on the surface?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

When the water fails to bead at all..or changes shape to irregular from circular...Its time to rewax

Here were the Best ones in terms of durability: (All are similar size tubs and contain the same amount of wax)

Autoglym High Defnition ...£34
      Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance ..£25
      Poorboys Nattys White & Blue...£12.95
      RaceGlaze 55....£67
      Swissvax Divine....£2,100
      Swissvax Mystery...£475
      Swissvax Best of Show..£195
      Swissvax Concourso ...£205
      Victoria Concours.....£38.95
      Zymol Vintage....£2230.00
      Zymol Glasur....£99.95

As you can see there is a big difference in prices but all perform similarily in terms of durability.
      Where the big differences are supposed to lie are in the finish and light reflecting properties once applied..
      Personally....... there is not enough of a difference between them to justify some of those silly prices (Swissvax and Zymol waxes)
      If I was buying from this list:
      Collinite 915
      Victoria Concours
      AGHDW
      All three offer great value and excellent results
      Last edited by robbo51; 20-10-2013, 13:17.

Comment

Interesting read and thanks for the advice, I have ordered some Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance from cleanyourcar.co.uk.
        Glenn.

Comment

You wont be disappointed
          Apply thinly and buff off immediately. Don't leave it on longer than a minute or its a sod to buff off

Comment

Cheers Chris.
            If I need any further advice I'll be in touch.
            Glenn.

Comment

Hi Glenn,

I started with Colinite 915 as one of my 'serious' waxes many years ago and now it's lead me to everywhere! lol Multiple waxes on it is still a very good performer.

It is a very good wax for the money, incredible durability (if I do a detail when someone is unlikely to correctly wash their car often (or even incorrectly wash it often!), I'll often apply Colinite 915).

Remember - thin - and I mean thin - out of a tin at least 60 cars worth of applications - if you can see it you'ver put on too much - it should be a very, very slight haze when you apply it - wafer thin.... it buffs off lovely but don't let it set hard whatever you do....

Regards,
              Clive.
              CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
              DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Cheers Clive. Late post as I thought that I would check in and I am grateful for your advice and Robbo51's advice as well,
                DS3 Club forum members I have not even met let alone even know what you look like.
                It's good to know that there are people like you both who are willing to help and once again it's much appreciated.

Comment

Thanks Glenn
                  Glad to help
                  Good luck

Comment

Anyone ever tried the Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid wax? is it any good in terms of durability :confused:
                    :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
                    Partsworld-UK.com
                    Email
                    Call: 01246 268896
                    We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
                    *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accesso...nd-polish-test

There is this from last year
                      DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                      Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Use Meguiars myself, very good- beats SRP in my opinion. Not liquid tho
                        That Armour for all is good too- use the stuff for the wheels and it works as a protector for a month
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hiya, i use SRP then EGP , both i found really easy to apply and buff off . I usually apply the EGP then leave it while i SRP the wheels then buff off the EGP as that needs to set for 30 -60 mins . Ive never used a hard wax i think it would take me forever. Liquids just seem like they go on easier!!
                          DS3 DSPORT 155 THP- Fuchsia Pink/Thorium Grey Special Edition - DO NOT TOUCH !!!

Comment

Auto Express detailing product tests are a joke and seriously flawed TBH
                            They, and some manufacturers as well, fail to understand the differences between a polish, a wax and a sealer when they brand their products
                            However..as a rough guide it gives an indication of its performance
                            AGSRP is an all in one cleaner polish and sealer with filling ability..not a wax..Durability is poor
                            As regards Meguiars waxes...Not bad but durability is poor as well.
                            In my case this isn't an issue as I always wax regularly.....
                            However, I use Megs Gold Class Wax in the summer as its quick and easy for a monthly wax top up
                            Waxes should ALWAYS be applied very thinly....In that respect hard waxes are easier to apply and buff IMO

Comment

You now the top DS3 Detailer Robbo as Clives gone all Merc on us ?
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X