Wax Durability Test.......Thanks to 'Detailing World'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could be..LOL..
    However, there is Andy as well......He knows his stuff!!
    Last edited by robbo51; 28-10-2013, 19:51.
    ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
    eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

Thanks Robbo, is there a wax or product that actually enhances the quality of the paintwork and protects at the same time? or is this every ones wish
      DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
      Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

My adage is that a polish makes things shiny, and Wax keeps it shiny
        Assume that's right
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Chris,

A polish physically changes the surface - makes it smoother - 'flatter' - gets rid of imperfections (if done correctly and thoroughly), removes things like swirls etc.

A wax protects the surface and makes it 'bling' 'reflect' differently - often adds 'depth' to the shine, but it doesn't physically alter the surface....

LOL on top detailer - hey I have no interest in who is top! Detailers unite - just love the hobby, I've detailed Mercs, Citroens, Fords, Mazdas, BMWs, Renaults, Volvos, Aston Martins, Lotus, I'm hardly 'loyal' when it comes to detailing, as long as it's a car, I love doing it, and whilst not what I do for a living, let's just say err no, lets say 'nothing', as Mr Taxman, all my detailing is 'voluntary'

Regards,
          Clive.
          CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
          DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
            Thanks Robbo, is there a wax or product that actually enhances the quality of the paintwork and protects at the same time? or is this every ones wish
            Gazski - Autoglym Super Resin Polish (or another which I love is Autobrite Cherry Glaze) are 'all in ones' and combine polish plus some protection - however they won't protect as long as applying a dedicated wax (or sealant (= man made wax)) will do. You can add a wax after using either of them if you choose.

Regards,
            Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
              Hi Chris,

A polish physically changes the surface - makes it smoother - 'flatter' - gets rid of imperfections (if done correctly and thoroughly), removes things like swirls etc.

A wax protects the surface and makes it 'bling' 'reflect' differently - often adds 'depth' to the shine, but it doesn't physically alter the surface....
              Hi Clive,
              Can you use both together, i.e polish first then wax after or is this not needed?

Comment

Just read your reply lol must have typed at the same time

Comment

Indeed we must have Gaz, lol

Regards,
                  Clive.

Comment

How would you rate Autobrite extreme synthetic paint sealer Clive, is it worth the money?

Comment

Back now
                      As Clive says.....lol

As your car is yellow, it will benefit more with a sealer rather than a wax.
                      ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
                      eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
                        How would you rate Autobrite extreme synthetic paint sealer Clive, is it worth the money?
                        Gaz, think you're referring to Seal and Protect - dead easy to apply, doesn't set hard if you leave it too long - (some waxes or sealants are a pig to remove if you leave too long) and works well - a bottle will last you ages - to be honest product choice is personal but seal and protect is good.

Good for winter too.

However, big tip - Autobrite will be running their annual 12 days of Christmas promotions early December - whilst I have no idea if S&P will be in the offers, hang on till then, just in case

Regards,
                        Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                          Gaz, think you're referring to Seal and Protect - dead easy to apply, doesn't set hard if you leave it too long - (some waxes or sealants are a pig to remove if you leave too long) and works well - a bottle will last you ages - to be honest product choice is personal but seal and protect is good.

Good for winter too.

However, big tip - Autobrite will be running their annual 12 days of Christmas promotions early December - whilst I have no idea if S&P will be in the offers, hang on till then, just in case

Regards,
                          Clive.
                          Yes that was the one I was looking at Clive, thanks for the advice and the tip. Much appreciated

Comment

You're welcome Gaz

Regards,
                            Clive.

Comment

I must say that bring new to the car cleaning world I haven't tried many products on the market but after taking various advise from the awesomely lovely resident experts on here matched with a load of amazon vouchers via TopCashback I got a the AG HD wax and when used with the high resin polish makes my car look amazing!

I love the shine, the finish is so smooth and the beading excellent in the rain.

I recently bought a load more polish from Aidan when it was going cheap!!
                              2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

I've got a few of the Autoglym products left:
                                500ml Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care - £5.95
                                325ml Autoglym Super Resin Polish - £5.95
                                500ml Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner - £5.49
                                325ml Autoglym Car Glass Polish £4.99
                                500ml Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner - £5.49
                                Pack of 8 Autoglym Full size perfect Polishing Cloths - £5.49

Anything over £15 free delivery*
                                :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
                                Partsworld-UK.com
                                Email
                                Call: 01246 268896
                                We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
                                *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Working...
                                X