SurfexHD Sufferers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
    I would have the same issues as Wes as we're renting a 1st floor flat, I had to buy the Karcher that can run off a large vat of water as well as mains tap to prevent similar interior cleans of the flat
    What washer did you get Lfc?
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

I bought this one - http://www.amazon.co.uk/K%C3%A4rcher...rds=karcher+k4 Minus the patio cleaner....

Initially missed out when it was on sale at a lot of retailers and in the end I bought it from the Karcher Outlet, good price and it's been great no issues at all
      sigpic

Comment

Just used some of this via the bottle attachment with the pressure washer and although no pics as getting a bit dark, from what I can see so far.... Awesome! Very chuffed but will do it again at some point soon in daylight so I can post pics!!
        2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Just used it for the last time today - now relegated it to wheel cleaning

JB

Comment

Before I take the plunge for this I'm using up my Demon Snow Foam first, but can someone tell me what I am doing wrong as the pre wash is drying before the few mins is up and is it actually doing anything. How does one make it cling better as I use the portashower with the nozzle removed.
            62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Comment

used for the first time today on my all black ds and it was fine mixed it 250ml to 1l of water lifted the dirt right off and left no streaks

mark

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                Before I take the plunge for this I'm using up my Demon Snow Foam first, but can someone tell me what I am doing wrong as the pre wash is drying before the few mins is up and is it actually doing anything. How does one make it cling better as I use the portashower with the nozzle removed.
                Are you applying to a dry or wet car?
                Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                Take a pride in your ride
                @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
                  used for the first time today on my all black ds and it was fine mixed it 250ml to 1l of water lifted the dirt right off and left no streaks

mark
                  It's a great product Mark but a high ratio of 1:3 may affect your LSP. No wonder it lifted the dirt right off ;-)
                  @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                    It's a great product Mark but a high ratio of 1:3 may affect your LSP. No wonder it lifted the dirt right off ;-)
                    O no. What would you recommend for a ratio mate ? My sprayer holds 1.25l so how many ml's of hd would i add ? It was still beading like crazy after so think it had no affect on the sonax bsd

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
                      O no. What would you recommend for a ratio mate ? My sprayer holds 1.25l so how many ml's of hd would i add ? It was still beading like crazy after so think it had no affect on the sonax bsd

Mark
                      Hi Mark

With Surfex on paintwork, I would go no less than 1:10 so allowing for room in your sprayer for air pressure to build up, look at 90ml of Surfex and 900 ml of water. This will then give you 990ml ensuring enough said room for air pressure.

Andy
                      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Hi Mark

With Surfex on paintwork, I would go no less than 1:10 so allowing for room in your sprayer for air pressure to build up, look at 90ml of Surfex and 900 ml of water. This will then give you 990ml ensuring enough said room for air pressure.

Andy
                        Nice one mate thank you

Mark

Comment

Are you applying to a dry or wet car?
                          A dry car. Is that the error of my ways?
                          62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Comment

Nope it should be applied to the dry car Phil
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X