Pesky swirls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
    The AB Cherry Glaze is a AIO polish so it would replace the SRP in the cleaning process. You don't want to be polishing your car twice.

Keep the SRP for little emergencies. Paint from other cars on wing mirrors or bumpers for example.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    Thanks rabid (what is your name, I should learn it seeing as you've helped so much with my detailing questions of late)

Mind me asking what AIO stands for?

sent from my Sony Xperia Z1
    Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Its Andy and AIO is an all in one polish.

A polymer layer comprises long molecules that that form a hard, dense flat mesh that lies on the top of the much smaller paint molecule. Polymers are hydrophobic (lacking an affinity for water) the surface is smooth which in part causes water sheeting

Carnauba Wax is inherently hydroscopic (readily taking up and retaining moisture) when exposed to water, wax swells and closes its pores, beading simply means that a high surface tension is present.

What most people attribute to a film surface protection being functional is the visual indicator of water beading on the paint film surface. However, all water beading proves is that high surface tension is present, just because a product creates high surface tension, (water beading / sheeting) does not guarantee the coating is actually providing real and meaningful protection.

Hope this helps?

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
      Take a pride in your ride
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Cheers Andy, it does yeah thanks
        Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X