No announcement yet.

Would you buy another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really good question Robbie77. I'm on my second DS3 now. The first being a Dstyle and now the DSport. Which is really well equipped and top marks for refinement.
    But I suppose it depends on if you buy new or pre-owned. I have a 3 year deal and after looking around for weeks, I found that no other car had as much standard equipment as the DS3 DSpOrt.IN THAT PRICE RANGE. Beautiful inside and out, with seats that take comfort to another level! The economy is more than excellent, running at over 50 mpg frequently. And it's important to remember that the DS3 has won many motoring awards. Including Top gear 'car of the year' plus lots more. And praise doesn't really come any higher!

However, I think that many Citroën owners have problems with dealerships and reliability. I can't emphasise enough how bad their customer service really is. Never getting call backs, never speak to the right person. Delivery dates and progress reports on my order was bordering on the ridiculous!
    But maybe Citroën don't really care. Because the DS3 seems to sell itself. And it's ready to see why.
    Reliability - remains to be seen but my 4 week old new DS3 has a squealing coming from the battery area, so it's booked in tomorrow. But the whole 'Créative Technologie' has been questioned by many disillusioned DS3 owners. Frequently falling short of their expectations.
    Using Tapatalk

Comment

Only had mine a few months, but would definitely buy another, although I would be tempted by a DS5. Have also found being part of the car club has made a big difference as well, opening up a social side to car ownership that I would miss if I went for another brand.
      sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
      Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Only had mine since March, but so far I would say yes I would. Though I would spend a bit more and go for a DSport next time rather a DStyle.

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
          Only had mine since March, but so far I would say yes I would. Though I would spend a bit more and go for a DSport next time rather a DStyle.
          Yeah, me too.
          Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
          Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
            Agreed best thing I did was to spec up.
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Yes despite the odd squeak and rattle/s that seem to come and go. Amazed at the amount of kit that is standard or for a small upgrade price compared to other makes.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                I would, and did
                I would, and hope to

Comment

I think all cars have problems and some people are just luckier than others, my OH always seems to get the dodgy cars that go wrong no matter what he gets!! I love my DS3, its great to drive, very comfortable and looks good but I don't think I'd get another one. I don't see the point in getting another of the same car but I know a lot of people, including the OH, who have. If you are upgrading to a newer, better one then i can understand it but to go for the same as before is pointless IMO.

Comment

Someone I know test drove a DS3 (not sure which colour) and a Black Renault Capture. She thought the DS3 was too 'young and modern' for her - so she bought the Capture. That was a few months ago since when she has had a few (minor) issues with it, has now seen a DS3 Stormtrooper (and my Black/Sliver) and is now wishing she got the DS3 !!

Comment

I've had mine since November last year and I'd definitely get another one. I'd undoubtedly buy a DSport and may even go for the cabrio just for that open roof experience
                      DS3 Evo Edition
                      Sport Red
                      E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
                      Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

If I could justify it, I'd get a new THP with the new lights etc. If the reliability was better, I'd have a Racing.
                        May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                        October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                        Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Originally posted by THP View Post
                          If the reliability was better, I'd have a Racing.
                          Would you then change your name to Racing?
                          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                          Take a pride in your ride
                          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I've only had mine since beginning of June but at the moment I would def have another. For me, you can personalise it so much a new one would look so different. I enjoy driving so much, so impressed with the spec level for the price, the comfort and economy and value I get from it.

Having had 3 consecutive Fords over the last 6 years and had no end of problems with them, I feel safe and confident in my new car. I grew to hate my old cars, had no pride in them, even when I first owned them. This car is totally different. I'm really happy with my choice, however who knows what I will do in 3 years time. If my car got written off tomorrow I'd def replace it with another DS3.

Comment

no its a great car but the depreciation is a killer. probably go back to ford but quite fancy a gt86 or mx5

Comment

Originally posted by sted View Post
                                no its a great car but the depreciation is a killer. probably go back to ford but quite fancy a gt86 or mx5
                                I'd be buying a 2012 model so the most depreciation has taken place. It's weird how the same model/ year/ mileage cars from different dealers are upto £2.5k difference in price - some 2012 Dstyle+ with 15k are £8995 and some are £11500 - and they're offering the same p/x prices so that can't be taken into account?

Comment

Working...
                                X