No announcement yet.

The problems with my DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggest you go here as it looks the same.

Click
    Last edited by Bigfeet; 02-02-2011, 09:55.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I think its Citroens decision to use 0W-30 oil. Its very thin when cold. heavier oils would dampen the noises but if the tolerances in the engine are tight you would get oil starvation if a thicker oil was used..

Using such a thin oil would improve mpg and allow engine to rev a bit quicker as its not pumping a heavy(er) oil.

Comment

OMG that sounds awful. I'm sorry but I have diesel cars and even they sound better than that on start up. If Citroen don't do anything about that I would be gobsmacked. Have you read this before http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm its a very interesting read and a friend of mine who has tried this technique is very impressed and converted. Not sure if it will help you now though. Maybe in your case, some of those engine coating additives like slick50 may help?

Comment

I think putting in slick50 into a 1700 mile "new" engine is a false economy. £25 worth of the right grade oil would work better. If it was an old car say over 12 years old i'd put slick50 in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenjikojo View Post
            Maybe in your case, some of those engine coating additives like slick50 may help?
            Owner's Handbook, P173:

"In order to maintain the reliability of the engine& emission control system, the use of additives in the engine oil is prohibited."

Most of the snake oil additives contain little more than viscosity modifiers. I suspect that the solids in products like Slick 50 are either removed by the oil filter or settle out in the sump; you won't bond a solid to a metal surface by delivering in a lubricant!

Comment

as stated previously i'd rather change the oil to a higher viscosity than put additives in..

Comment

Working...
              X