No announcement yet.

Noisey tyre query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My DS3 came with Michelin Pilot Exalto's and they are great tyres, very grippy even in the wet and low noise, I need to get replacements for the front now and think these have been discontinued so will see what Michelin have instead.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Francophile View Post
      Hi! Saintsteve, I have now driven 2600mls. in my DSport, fitted with the Bridgestone Potenza tyres. I always familiarise myself with the jacking system, after purchasing a new car. I removed all wheels and applied tyre treatment to the inner and outer walls of the tyres.Since doing this, I applied the tyre treatment to the outer walls twice more. The walls of these tyres are tough, being "run-flat" tyres. Initially, I was aware of the firm ride and noise of these tyres. The ride NOW is quieter and more comfortable and the road holding is excellent.However, I have noted the experience of my fellow members and shall be wary of the road holding, now that winter approaches.
      Did you put run flats on? The stock Bridgestone Potenza re050a are not.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

My DSport was delivered with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Tyres. KwikFit UK website shows the price, fitted, as 155 GBP. and states in the specification, "This is a run-flat tyre".

Comment

Originally posted by Francophile View Post
          My DSport was delivered with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Tyres. KwikFit UK website shows the price, fitted, as 155 GBP. and states in the specification, "This is a run-flat tyre".
          They're wrong. I can say from personal experience that they definitely go flat.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

They are available as a run flat but the original fit ones are not. You just looked at the RE 050 A RFT instead of the RE 050 A TL version.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Mine is on Michelin's but the quietest tyre on the road are Pirelli's by far

Comment

I use Continentals on mine as they score well all round. In my opinion so far, better than the bridgestone they had on them when I got the car!

Comment

Yeah I had Bridgestone potenza's on mine and yeah they where very noisy now running Michelin tyres all round now and they have cut noise by at least 40%
                  http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                  2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                  DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

I'm getting two new Michelin's on mine as I love the quietness of them and the grip in the wet is very reassuring.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mark.a-ds3 View Post
                      Yeah I had Bridgestone potenza's on mine and yeah they where very noisy now running Michelin tyres all round now and they have cut noise by at least 40%
                      Snap. Same here :-)
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                      X