Name the part, please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XanderCage13 View Post
    Wait for this one then Biggie, hope you are sitting down...

I thought they were only on the front tyres...

AND

I'm guessing as I want to paint my callipers. It would be a good idea to get new ones, considering how my current ones look (they surely aren't supposed to look like that?)

I just don't remember seeing any that looked like mine, that's all.
    As Cyclone has said all you need is a good wire brush and give them a good rubbing over so they will be ready for paint, make sure you use proper calliper paint as you will need something that is design to withstand heat.

As you would be much better off taking the callipers off the car, have a nose about in the "File Repository" thread for more info.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thank you, much appreciated!!
      Aka:
      Alex

:ds3:
      Blue Phoenix
      DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Can I be the one to throw this in the mixer?

When you're playing about with brakes especially; please, please, please ensure you have a good understanding of what you're doing before undertaking any work.

If you're not sure, seek help or pay somebody to do it for you
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Congratulations you have won first prize for asking the most stupid question this year....:Joni::Joni:
          E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
          Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

No worries Xander, best to ask, rather than not.

The caliper is the mechanism that grips the discs when you press the brake pedal, and the brake pads are in the caliper.
            If you take the wheel off, you don't have to touch anything other than the caliper metal (Once you've wire brushed and used methylated spirits) with your paintbrush. Should be touch dry in 10 mins or so- then put the wheel back :-)

As said best ask, and as Fish said above.
            Wont do pads and discs myself- even though they are easy. Like having a receipt from a reputable company
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Jez mate they help the car stop.

Comment

The poor bloke must be getting mixed up with having drums on previous cars.... Give him a brake (see what I did there) guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                  Can I be the one to throw this in the mixer?

When you're playing about with brakes especially; please, please, please ensure you have a good understanding of what you're doing before undertaking any work.

If you're not sure, seek help or pay somebody to do it for you
                  Shhh...... this is what we call 'Natural Selection'!

p.s no offence Xander
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                  X