Washed my key!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washed my key!

Yesterday afternoon I decided that the jeans I was wearing were a little bit grubby, so I decided to wash them.

So, quick change, dirty jeans into washing machine, out to garage. . . where's my car key?

Yes, you guessed it - in the pocket of the jeans in the washing machine.

Cancelled the wash programs, took the suds-laden jeans out of the pocket & retrieved the key.

Opening up the key showed that no water had penetrated the part housing the electronics, so a quick dry off of the wet bits & a few minutes on a radiator to ensure that everything was completely dry & it's as good as new!

So, the moral is: always check the pockets of any garment you wash - sod's law says that on the one ocasion I didn't check there was something in there!

. . . & the good news, DS3 keys are wash-proof!

I once dropped a watch into a cement mixer while making concrete, didn't notice until I levelled off the base and kept hitting the watch with my float, quick rinse and it was fine!
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Yesterday afternoon I decided that the jeans I was wearing were a little bit grubby, so I decided to wash them.

So, quick change, dirty jeans into washing machine, out to garage. . . where's my car key?

Yes, you guessed it - in the pocket of the jeans in the washing machine.

Cancelled the wash programs, took the suds-laden jeans out of the pocket & retrieved the key.

Opening up the key showed that no water had penetrated the part housing the electronics, so a quick dry off of the wet bits & a few minutes on a radiator to ensure that everything was completely dry & it's as good as new!

So, the moral is: always check the pockets of any garment you wash - sod's law says that on the one ocasion I didn't check there was something in there!

. . . & the good news, DS3 keys are wash-proof!
      My mother goes mental at my father for leaving things in his pockets. Paper, money etc I was just as bad as a kid, but i used to leave tissue paper in my pockets... :-/

Lucky key still works! But you've got a spare so it would have been okay.
      Aka:
      Alex

:ds3:
      Blue Phoenix
      DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

I did that with my C2 key, except I didn't realise until the wash program had finished. Left it in the airing cupboard to dry naturally for a while and it was fine, and spotlessly clean.

Comment

Working...
        X