No announcement yet.

Residual Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Biggie they're going to be £12k ish (I may have exaggerated that a little)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
      Yep- you never see VWs or Audis drop like stone pricewise
      I looked at a 4 year old RS3 recently, £30 bleeding K!

But heres hoping Biggus
      Bet you're going to be eating your words now after diesel-gate Chris 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by RichardL View Post
        Bet you're going to be eating your words now after diesel-gate Chris ����
        As Jamie SPT said, all diesels will suffer no doubt. Haven't heard from Citroen on emissions for their range as yet

I've never owned a diesel, and wouldn't want too. :cool:
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'm sure they will. I'm in the market for a new petrol and someone asked me why I wasn't considering a Volkswagen... I wouldn't put my money anywhere near that company at the moment!

Also interestingly my 2 year old 1.2 DSign bought for 13k new (14 with the options I picked) Mercedes offered me just 5.5k for it. 8.5k loss in value over two years!

Comment

That's petrols for you Richard, can't hold their values (joke)

Seriously though, that's terrible depreciation isn't it ?
            sigpic

Comment

Depreciation is only a factor if/when you want to sell the car. If mine was to be worthless then its cost me less than a tenner a day to own, not bad for a full spec car that's got about 30k on the clock in 5 years.

I know plenty of people whose habits cost them considerably more than that per day.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardL View Post
                Also interestingly my 2 year old 1.2 DSign bought for 13k new (14 with the options I picked) Mercedes offered me just 5.5k for it. 8.5k loss in value over two years!
                The reality about DS3s is that they are quite a common car nowadays, so prices are keen. Ive seen 2010 THPs for less than 5k, and as soon as they hit 3k I will get another to have a play with. Diesels don't fare much better with a DS3 diesel Hdi 90, for just over 5 grand

Take your point about VW cars, however, there are some fantastic deals around at the moment, and rumoured (For new diesels) to get even better. Lets be honest, all new VW diesels are gonna be as clean as possible now, arent they. So maybe a smart person would buy?

And whatever the sufferings the VAG brand are/will go through, they are still a quality piece of kit.

PS- I got £3k over what a dealer offered for mine!
                Last edited by Chris_Blue; 19-10-2015, 08:32.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

I got £6400 for trading in my 2011 THP150. I've seen them up to £8k on AutoTrader from private sellers with similar mileage (34k). Mine was £16,800 new in May 2011.
                  May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                  October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                  Instagram @adamds3

Comment

I agree with Chris, now is probably the time to buy a VAG car, I expect they'll be happy to do a good deal to maintain sales... They are also, as Chris said great cars (well VW's and Audi's are anyway....)

I'm now going to lie down having agreed twice with Chris in one post
                    sigpic

Comment

I ordered mine in mid 2010, was impossible to get any discount with the options I went for.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                        I agree with Chris, now is probably the time to buy a VAG car, I expect they'll be happy to do a good deal to maintain sales... They are also, as Chris said great cars (well VW's and Audi's are anyway....)

I'm now going to lie down having agreed twice with Chris in one post
                        Ha! Us agreeing is rare as Hens teeth. But in this case i think your right.

The only problem with a VAG is the brand tarnish affect..... "OOO eerrr missues, youve one of those dirty VWs/ Audis/ Seat" but that will pass in time. Rumours of drop in prices by 10%, free fuel, free servicing etc etc after Christmas, for new vehicles, diesels. Petrol prices gonna remain the same. VW already halted one prduction line of diesels some weeks ago.
                        Wouldnt buy a used 2009 onward VW diesel personally though. But then again- bet they go for great prices, after theyve been remapped or new ECU.
                        Even claims the mpg wont go down- we'll see.
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                          I ordered mine in mid 2010, was impossible to get any discount with the options I went for.
                          Mine (Second one) was March 2013, worked out at £15,600 when ask price was £17,600 (Showroom model)
                          Third time lucky eh? :-)
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

A small read to help understand the process

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/in...value-your-car

Also I'll just leave this here from reliability index

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	359861
                            Last edited by Bigfeet; 19-10-2015, 10:45.
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Ha ha ha, that made me chuckle.

Comment

Number 36 LOL

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                                A small read to help understand the process

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/in...value-your-car

Also I'll just leave this here from reliability index

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11886[/ATTACH]
                                And where do T-Spark Spiders come? Ah.... there it is...Alfa Romeo number 36
                                LOL
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X