• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha sound clear advice (c) SfG
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meeladdie View Post
      Ha ha SFG - nice try, if only things were always so simple. You missed an option though:
      • Citroen fix their f**k-up and give me the car I ordered?
      But you have already stated you wont wait for a new one so that isn't an option, my solutions and your only viable course of action remain extant.

Comment

To follow up for all you nice people:

The dealer has now made an arrangement with the factory that they assure me they can get the correct order in six weeks (three to build, three to deliver). I have accepted this as I now feel they are at least making an effort to rectify their mistake. Six weeks is less than half the time I have waited for the original order.

So I'll be in my 16 year old Golf for another six weeks.

Many thanks to all for your interest in my problem and your valued advice. I will be sure to let you know when I finally get the car.

Cheers.

Comment

Nice to hear they sorted it

And great to know you'll be happy and not wondering if!

Did they offer anything in the way of an apology?
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Hi WTF

Nothing tangible by way of apology. Obviously the dealer is apologising but it isn't really their fault I suppose, although they could have done more to explore options for me before just asking how I felt about the missing extra? I think they were just taking a chance hoping I might accept the car as is to save a hassle.

I don't know whether to expect anything from Citroen, from what I have seen over the last few days it doesn't look like they are too bothered about customer satisfaction?

To add insult to injury, my old Golf, that I am trying to not spend another penny on, broke down this morning, in heavy traffic and pouring rain ... .

Comment

Ughhhhhhh. Have you thought about asking the dealership for a cover car for the time you should have been driving your new one? I've heard of this happening before when the new owner had sold their old car and their new one wasn't available on the date promised.
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

hmmm! Interesting idea. I'll see what's wrong with the Golf, I just left it and walked home in disgust :redface:, I was hoping the rain may ease off, then I'll take a backpack of tools and go and have a look. If it is something expensive I may well try my luck.

I actually only bought the Golf really cheaply to see me through the waiting period when I ordered the DS3 (after my old car had failed its MOT and I had decided not to spend any more on that one).

Comment

Just picked this tread up.

Glad to hear you guys got things all sorted out in the end, the other option I was thinking was why not explore upgrading to the DStyle Nav version? It comes with the Hi-Fi plus some other items and the availability of them is good at the moment within the network?

Granted this is closing the door once the horse has bolted but I thought I would offer it as a suggestion
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Hi Bigfeet, that was actually something I was considering and was on my mind to explore when I went to see the dealers - but then when I arrived, the guy I had been dealing with wasn't there as arranged and I lost my sense of humour completely! To be fair I have subsequently found out that he had been called out earlier in the day because his wife had gone into labour - that's a good enough excuse :eek:.

I may well still give him a call and explore that one.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                    X