No announcement yet.

Ordering new ds3 cabrio is it worth paying for convenience pack??? Views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Dstyle Ice Edition. The auto wipers are a must for me. I've just experienced the wettest day in UK history and the did more than intermittent. Fold in mirrors probably pay for themselves too at least for me. I had 1 car that had the driver side mirror smashed off 5 times!!! The night view mirror is also a great extra feature.

Auto lights are a bit on the sensitive side but who cares.

I say go for it.

Comment

I think it is worth the money. The auto wipers work fine. I never override them the mirrors are really useful. I find the headlights OK
      There seems to be confusion earlier. Steve are you flicking the wiper stalk down to activate the auto wipers and getting the message on the dash stating "automatic wipers active" and the icon on the binnacle in front of you? It sounds as if you are pushing the stalk up to the standard intermittent position. None of our other cars have an option to vary the sensitivity of the auto wipers.
      Last edited by Old Bloke; 08-12-2015, 00:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bloke View Post
        I think it is worth the money. The auto wipers work fine. I never override them the mirrors are really useful. I find the headlights OK
        There seems to be confusion earlier. Steve are you flicking the wiper stalk down to activate the auto wipers and getting the message on the dash stating "automatic wipers active" and the icon on the binnacle in front of you? It sounds as if you are pushing the stalk up to the standard intermittent position. None of our other cars have an option to vary the sensitivity of the auto wipers.
        Yes the "auto" symbol was lit on the vehicle information screen or it was until I over rode the system because intermittent wipers are not enough in torrential rain.

Anyway it is beside the point the pack itself is worth having even if in my experience there is very little automatic about the automatic wipers..
        Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
        Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

I personally wouldn't be without the auto-dimming mirror now. Combined with the tinted glass, this is a terrific combo to reduce glare, especially if you're commuting in the dark. Manually dipping rear views just don't do the job as well, in my opinion.

Auto lights are handy if the amount of people I see driving without lights on, in the rain, is anything to go by. Perhaps the system could be a little smarter and not be triggered by driving under bridges.

Overall, I'd go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by StevenRB45 View Post
            Yes the "auto" symbol was lit on the vehicle information screen or it was until I over rode the system because intermittent wipers are not enough in torrential rain.

Anyway it is beside the point the pack itself is worth having even if in my experience there is very little automatic about the automatic wipers..
            My auto wipers ramp up speed when the rain is heavier, they always have done. I've never needed to manually intervene.....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
              My auto wipers ramp up speed when the rain is heavier, they always have done. I've never needed to manually intervene.....
              This.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                And the standard halogen headlights are absolute shit. Actually think they somehow project a beam of blackness in front of the car instead of light. So I guess they are really anti lights instead of headlights.
                As above, easily rectified though.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  It may be on another day in a another rain shower they decide to work...however driving along blind waiting for the autowipers to do what they should when you have another option is trying to get yourself a Darwin award. If the auto lights failed to work (not they ever have they are fine) you wouldn't drive down an unlit road in pitch darkness because any moment now it should realise it's dark. Appears it is another thing to file under "character", either they work consistently and are useful or they don't and aren't.

It is in situations like a that a sensitivity control as fitted by, Ford, Vauxhall, VW, Nissan, Audi, Mazda etc. would be useful, pity it doesn't have one.
                  Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                  Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

My wipers have never missed a beat.

Comment

"Perhaps the system could be a little smarter and not be triggered by driving under bridges." That's the best bit
                      Stupidity built in at no extra cost

Comment

Originally posted by Silvershaker View Post
                        "Perhaps the system could be a little smarter and not be triggered by driving under bridges." That's the best bit
                        The wipers????, Ive never noticed that.

Comment

Personally I don't think it's worth it. The auto wipers aren't sensitive enough, the auto dimming mirror is too sensitive and I've always thought auto headlights were pointless because I know when it's dark. The folding mirrors are decent though.
                          May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                          October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                          Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Working...
                          X