First service - a tale of modern Britain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedTechno View Post
    Where do you draw the line? Stop writing because keyboards are everywhere, stop talking because you can text? Stop thinking... Come to think of it we are almost there aren't we?

Utter dependence on machines?

Technology used well is a great thing, technology used for technology's sake has to be a bad thing.
    Completely agree.
    "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
      When is the last time anyone wrote, other than your signature, in cursive. I can not remember it has been so long. Can't hold back the clock!
      FYI, I'm a techno freak. My life is run on my iphone/Mac. However, I handwrite all the time and I rarely use a calculator. Like anything, it's not good to rely on one thing/way of doing things.
      "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
      https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Next someone will be saying that it doesn't matter if we use good English and correct grammar anymore!

JB

(who keeps editing my post? My guess is Liam )
        Last edited by Jimbob; 24-12-2015, 12:34.

Comment

I don`t actually own a calculator any more!
          LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

I can't be the only one that looks at 6950 + 16000 and thinks it'll definitely be easier and quicker to just use a calculator?

Not saying I can't do it in my head. Why not just use a calculator and make sure you're 100% right if you're not strong at maths?

The great thing about being an adult is that you don't have any teachers stopping you from using calculators.
            @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Or doing lots of other daft stuff!
              LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
                I can't be the only one that looks at 6950 + 16000 and thinks it'll definitely be easier and quicker to just use a calculator?

Not saying I can't do it in my head. Why not just use a calculator and make sure you're 100% right if you're not strong at maths?

The great thing about being an adult is that you don't have any teachers stopping you from using calculators.
                Are you saying you can't add 16 and 6 in your head? That's the sum in question in reality. Basic arithmetic and numeracy, maths is a different thing altogether.
                Techno THP155 Ruby Red White Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                  Next someone will be saying that it doesn't matter is we use good English and correct grammar anymore!

JB
                  Cough
                  sigpic

Comment

Are you saying you can't add 16 and 6 in your head? That's the sum in question in reality. Basic arithmetic and numeracy, maths is a different thing altogether.
                    Well, no. I'm saying I can't add 6,950 and 16,000 in my head. I appreciate what your saying but some people are just shit at maths and don't think the same way other people do. I've never been good at maths, calculators make me good at maths. Happy days all round.
                    @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      Cough
                      Edited back to how I typed it!

JB

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
                        Well, no. I'm saying I can't add 6,950 and 16,000 in my head. I appreciate what your saying but some people are just shit at maths and don't think the same way other people do. I've never been good at maths, calculators make me good at maths. Happy days all round.
                        But all you have to do is add 16 and 6 and then stick 950 on the end! :lemon:
                        Techno THP155 Ruby Red White Roof

Comment

Where do you draw the line? Stop writing because keyboards are everywhere, stop talking because you can text? Stop thinking... Come to think of it we are almost there aren't we?

Utter dependence on machines?

Technology used well is a great thing, technology used for technology's sake has to be a bad thing.
                          A bit over the top, don't you think? Its hardly "utter dependence." It's ease. It's convenience. And some people just genuinely struggle with maths. In that situation, you can't argue at all that technology is a bad thing.
                          May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                          October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                          Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Working...
                          X