Rust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rust coloured drips under rear window sill

Hi, we picked up our Dstyle+ yesterday, didn't notice at the time but when got home, there appears to be rust coloured water drips from under the passenger side rear window sill. I promptly cleaned it off (should have taken a pic) waiting for it to rain (which shouldn't be long now days) to see if it re-appears. Already not happy as found a scratch on the dash, if we are getting rusty runs, its going back again , other than that its a fab car

Comment

That is not real rust, ive seen many of these things in my life at the workshop people complaining thinking it is rust but it actually isnt its something from the road that gets stuck to the car.. You can take some petrol on a cloth and then rub on it firmly..

Wash with water afterwards and it will go right off..

Again THATS NOT RUST..
      Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Have diagnostic Lexia/Diagbox Tool

Comment

And put some wax on that spot as the petrol will have stripped it off.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I have the same thing all the time popping up on my Astravan (08 plate) and my Astravan before that (02 plate) the marks always come off pretty easy with some wax/polish.. but you shouldn't really be getting that on a brand new car surely
          The Truth is Out There !

Comment

It's a contaminate (brake dust) which contains ferrite (iron) which is settling on top of your paint and then rusts (as said in previous posts). They mainly form around the wheel arches and the bottom half of the doors. Give your car a good wash and if still there use a clay bar to remove them (clay bar works wonders on these contaminate brake dust rust spots).

Comment

Probably don't want to leave them too long as the contaminate can penetrate the paint and then cause it to bulge up (got a small spot like that on my car towards the bottom of the drivers door, about 3mm round).

Comment

This what your on about...?

Had it across the top of rear bumper under the boot opening mechanism

I'm sure it's some sort of metal contaminant (as said above) that just turns to rust with the rain.

5 minutes with a clay bar and lube and its gone!
                Attached Files
                THP 155 DSport+ - POLAR WHITE WITH MOONSTONE ROOF

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X