No announcement yet.

Lease car going back - charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a SMART repair team from Citroen in Stockport (not affiliated to the branch, but they do their work for them) and the guy was shockingly bad. If you want to get it done properly, get it done by a refurb company who will do a proper job - not a SMART repair
    @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
      I had a SMART repair team from Citroen in Stockport (not affiliated to the branch, but they do their work for them) and the guy was shockingly bad. If you want to get it done properly, get it done by a refurb company who will do a proper job - not a SMART repair
      But why would I? Whatever I pay would be dead money so why would I pay £500 to make them perfect then hand the car back? I just need an adequate repair. I've seen what Citroen Redditch can do as they repaired one on my new car.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        why do a top notch job, for the benefit of others. the cars going back!

A lease should allow for wear n tear anyway

Dont they inspect a car a week before it goes back anyway.. then either repair it and see what they say, or dont repair and see what they say :-)

another clubsite I'm on usually get refurbs from £40 ish... but that does look nasty
        The problem Chris is that the tolerance for alloy damage is very strict, only 28mm per wheel...!

In most cases Manheim will charge for a full refurbishment at stupid cost, the reason being is that the cars are bought to grade 1 standard for re-sale.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

So here's a pic of all 4 alloys, I think i might be able to get away with at least 2 leaving just 2 to be repaired, what does everyone else think?

Comment

VWFS charge £36 a wheel to repai damaged Diamond cut wheels

Tries to cut n paste from another website, but cant

Just shows you how these lease companies differ
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

I've had one quote come back for a cosmetic repair at £66 per wheel and they'll come to my house. They've also offered to send a pic over of what it looks like so im just waitibg for that to come through.

I think i may just get the two bad ones done, the passenger side wheels dont look too bad and considering ive only dont half my miles im hoping they'll be a bit lenient

Comment

Update: Ive decided to get all 4 wheels cosmetically refurbed by a local company called Perfection group.
                Its £66 per wheel and they've been up front and advised that it will leave a line around the wheel and they may not be able to totallt get rid of the one that has the corrosion on. However theres a difference of £200 between the cosmetic and full refurb and i dont think they can expect the wheels to be in perfect condition, especially as the car is already worth more than they expect having only done half its mileage.

Bit of a risk but i cant justify £450 as its dead money either way

Comment

Nice one
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                  X