Being collected soon [emoji22]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being collected soon [emoji22]

My DS3 is coming to the end of its PCP and I'm handing it back to Citroen. Sad times, I know!

It's going back early September and is booked in for its inspection/collection.

Does anyone have experience of the collection process? In terms of what they deem to be acceptable wear and tear? Mine is in excellent condition, especially given that it's covered 67,000 miles, but two of the Bellones are a little scuffed on the machine polished bit (I think that's pretty decent after so many miles!)

I've read online that any scuffs to alloys result in a £50-£100 surcharge... can anyone confirm if they've experienced this? I'm conscious that not many alloy refurb companies can do the correct finish on the DS3 Bellones, which is why I had held off getting them done, so I'm a little unsure.

Any help massively appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure, but someone will have some info soon

What are you going to get next?
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking - why are you handing it straight back to Citroen? Why didn't you trade it in against a new car?

I handed my last car, Renault Clio, back to the finance company on a voluntary termination because the car was worth way less than was owed on the finance. I had my alloys refurbed by a smart repair (REALLY BADLY) and wasn't charged for them. I got charged for being over on my mileage.

IIRC, they look at the car from a certain distance, and any visible damage from that difference will be chargeable. I think it's like a few feet or something. Is it going back to a Citroen dealership or to one of these auction places for the finance company?
      @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
        If you don't mind me asking - why are you handing it straight back to Citroen? Why didn't you trade it in against a new car?

I handed my last car, Renault Clio, back to the finance company on a voluntary termination because the car was worth way less than was owed on the finance. I had my alloys refurbed by a smart repair (REALLY BADLY) and wasn't charged for them. I got charged for being over on my mileage.

IIRC, they look at the car from a certain distance, and any visible damage from that difference will be chargeable. I think it's like a few feet or something. Is it going back to a Citroen dealership or to one of these auction places for the finance company?
        The timings just wouldn't have worked out, given that my new car is a factory order (ordered in June). It seemed more straightforward to just hand the car back. In hindsight I think I would do it differently next time, but hey, this has been my first PCP and it's a learning curve, there didn't seem to be a 'right or wrong' way of doing it.

I don't think the scuffs on my Bellones are that obvious so hopefully won't be too bad on the day. It's being handed back directly to the finance company, so I'm not sure what happens beyond that. Presumably auction, given its high mileage (though I will be under my maximum mileage by about 2,500 miles).

@WTF I'm going for something completely different... Fabia Monte Carlo. It was between that and another DS3 and I just fancied a change and something a little more practical. I'm sure I'll be back though, I'll be keeping an eye on here and on the arrival of the all new DS3 [emoji3]

Comment

It's just been collected... Emotional times!

Slightly scraped Bellone was noted but that was all, the guy was shocked to find out it has 68,000 miles on the clock because it's been kept well. So that was something!

It's going off to an auction at Bruntingthorpe apparently, if anyone's got their eye out for a DSport+ HDI 115.

I'll stick around on here and keep an eye to see what DS do next - I'm hoping for good things and I'm hoping that I'll return to the DS/Citroen family at some point!

All the best [emoji1360]

Comment

Where do you live? Mine went off to Bruntingthorpe

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Timberflake View Post
              Where do you live? Mine went off to Bruntingthorpe

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
              Wirral [emoji846]

Comment