No announcement yet.

THP Turbo care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i do all these things, except i never worry about the diesel heaters. on older diesels you have to wait an age for the spark light (or whatever its called) to go off before even attempting to start. i dont see a light on the ds3, it just starts straight away, the dealer says you dont have to worry about them on modern diesels, was really surprised when doing my test drive. I understand jumping in a cold diesel and starting it up before the electrics have all light up is bad and normally give is a few seconds but not as long as my old berlingo. always leave it to idle a while after the motorway.

question i have is how long should you let the engine warm up for (HDi) before hitting the motorway. i basically live on the slip road and have about a minute of warm up time before hitting it.

Comment

Just look at the engine temp needle below the speedo, once it's in the middle your engine is ready for a spanking!

By the way you do have glow plugs on your dirty derv, it's only when the temp is about 3 or less that they may come on so when it's cold don't forget to double check.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen my tep reach the middle... But only drive for 30mins at a time xD
        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
        Third time around.
        Work in Progress

Comment

Working...
        X