Dealer prepped car opt out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by telephoneman View Post
    Oh OK Biggie, I defer to your knowledge.

I was going by this http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...hlight=transit
    Lol!

The transit bumps are only on the DS3 Racing because of the low suspension, standard DS3's won't have this on board.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
      I'm sure he'll give you the definitive answer but I believe that is the case, same as when you have the car serviced it's a final check that everything is ok before they hand the car back.
      They should do!

As part of the PDI standard your DS3 should have at least a 2/3 mile run to ensure that everything is as it should be. Also at service the normal practice is to give the car a short run before the service followed with a short run after the service. This allows the tech to see what the normal running of the car is and the run after to make sure that everything is okay once the service is completed.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by germinus View Post
        That would be great! Are you in the Midlands then?
        Yes mate.. worcester too!

Si

Comment

Originally posted by xtremevibez View Post
          Yes mate.. worcester too!

Si
          Bonus!!!
          Has Lexia Tool :o)

Comment

What's this MIT mentioned?? MIT instead of sponge also whats a two bucket system ?? Thought would ask as my ds3 on order is black cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Probert993 View Post
              What's this MIT mentioned?? MIT instead of sponge also whats a two bucket system ?? Thought would ask as my ds3 on order is black cheers
              A mitt replaces a sponge and is made of wool/sheepskin, these mits allow small perticles to be trapped in the wool which reduces the chance of very small scratches on the paintwork, sponges cant pic up these small particles. So when you use a spong it just moves the particles over the paint work thus scratching it. The 2 bucket system is used with mits, 1 bucket will contain water with the shampoo that you use to wash the car and the other bucket will just contain water, you use the 2nd bucket to rinse out any particles in the mitt before adding more shampoo from the 1st bucket, if you really want this system to work they you would also invest in a grit guard for your bucket that just contains the rinse water.

Thats the basic idea but Clive would be able to explain this process much better than me.
              Has Lexia Tool :o)

Comment

Are the micro fibre wash mits the same or is sheep wool the best cheers

Comment

Bahhhhhhhh

Comment

if you really want this system to work they you would also invest in a grit guard for your bucket that just contains the rinse water.
                    Or just don't let your mit touch the bottom of the bucket!

Comment

A mitt replaces a sponge and is made of wool/sheepskin, these mits allow small perticles to be trapped in the wool which reduces the chance of very small scratches on the paintwork, sponges cant pic up these small particles. So when you use a spong it just moves the particles over the paint work thus scratching it. The 2 bucket system is used with mits, 1 bucket will contain water with the shampoo that you use to wash the car and the other bucket will just contain water, you use the 2nd bucket to rinse out any particles in the mitt before adding more shampoo from the 1st bucket, if you really want this system to work they you would also invest in a grit guard for your bucket that just contains the rinse water.

Thats the basic idea but Clive would be able to explain this process much better than me.
                      Correct spot on Worth having a grit guard in each bucket though, and when you lift the wash mitt from the 'rinse' water squeeze out the water before going to the wash bucket otherwise your water laiden mitt won't pick up as much soap water (and it's a shampoo with high lubricity you want, not lots of bubbles).....

Originally posted by Probert993 View Post
                      Are the micro fibre wash mits the same or is sheep wool the best cheers
                      Sheep / Lambswool is best

Regards,
                      Clive.
                      CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                      DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Working...
                      X