Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drum brakes????

Hello a newbie here,

I thought i'd treat myself and take advantage of my companies car scheme and put an order in for a 110 hdi yesterday.

Today I get a response advising me that the 110 hdi has been discontinued, ok so it has been replaced with an ehdi 110 model which works out to be a cheaper rental, but I thought i'd compare the specs to make sure there are no suprises: the sprint is done in 9.7 secs, max power and torque the same but found slightly lower in the rev range, fuel economies up so no probs, but when i used the configurator on the citreon site it said it had drum brakes on the rear - same for the new 155 thp, got to be a mistake right?!?! now as this is a company car it's going to get driven like its stolen so i dont think I fancy drum brakes on the @rse end, anyone know what the deal is on this?

MJ
    Last edited by MDUBS; 01-12-2011, 21:04.

Hey And Welcome - Good Model Choice.

Not Sure If Im Honest,

Biggie Our Resident Citroen Pet Will be Around Shortly To Help, Mine Has The Rear Drum Brakes And They've Been Pretty Good, When It Comes To Changing I'll Be Using Performance Drum Pads So Should Be Even Better

Comment

I thought the DSports have discs all round - my THP certainly does. Maybe the diesels are different?

Comment

my 90ehdi has disc's all around.......
        Black and white E-HDI DS3

Originally posted by ZACK
        Sorry Wools, Seems You Were Actually Right

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
          I thought the DSports have discs all round - my THP certainly does. Maybe the diesels are different?
          The 110's Definitely Used To...

Might Have Changed ?

Comment

im not sure but all the new 2012 models will av drums on the rear. but then on the plus side ya dont av to worry bout brake dust build up on the rear wheels like they do on the front. our e-hdi 90 has disk's all round so dust everywhere. but then as zack said biggie might be able to shed some light on it
            e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
            Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Finnish site:
              VTi 95 and e-HDi 92 are the only two that have drumbrakes at the back... Rest is like it should be, discs all around.

Comment

Originally posted by DS3Finland View Post
                Finnish site:
                VTi 95 and e-HDi 92 are the only two that have drumbrakes at the back... Rest is like it should be, discs all around.
                Same in Germany.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Both Sports come with Disc Brakes at the rear.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                    Both Sports come with Disc Brakes at the rear.

Comment

It's certainly the case that the 2011 cars had discs all round; I've never had massive dust build up on the rear wheels of cars previously, although the fronts are usually caked, due to the heavy right foot and braking bias on the front so that's not too much of a consideration. :rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear those with drums feel they work pretty well; i think i'll be a bit miffed if all the new models have been downgraded but if true it can probably be put down to a cost cutting exercise, strange when they are trying to promote a premium brand in the DS ranges... :confused:

I took a leap of faith and placed the order (who needs brakes anyway), I just hope the lead times aren't too long.

Comment

Would it surprise you to learn that Drum brakes cost more to produce than disc one?
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Would it surprise you to learn that Drum brakes cost more to produce than disc one?
                          Perhaps they're thinking of the customer then, because drum brakes last a lot longer than brake pads on disc brakes

Comment

It would suprise me a) that drums were more expensive and that b) they gave customers post sale a thought (a tad synical maybe).... I can't see why would manufacturers use them at all if they are more expensive to produce :confused:
                            Last edited by MDUBS; 02-12-2011, 10:44.

Comment

Speaking as a production engineer with over 30 years experience in the friction material industry, yes it would surprise me - particularly when it incorporates a parking brake. The disc brake has a higher component count with many more components needing machining rather than just being simple pressings. I'd need to see detailed costings to be convinced!

Comment

Working...
                              X