Dsport diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RufusDS3 View Post
    ...Who ever said German cars are the way forward was wrong...
    I've said this for ages, a lot of this is down to what people believe rather than know.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

BigFeet;
      What about if I wanted to go from 5yrs paying for car to 3yrs PCP - do I still use the equity I already have from paying 15 months and my THP is breaking all time?

Comment

Originally posted by Jagster93 View Post
        floydy how on earth do you manage 55mpg? Im only managing 48.5 and ive drove like a grandad since ive got it haha!
        Most of my rapid driving is done up and down the A55 which is a dual carriageway so not much in speed variation just stick around 80-90 that's when I get around 55 average but it seems to improve when I am on normal roads simply because I on go up to 70 max but I'm still accelerating hard. I have noticed that it has improved with age I didn't get consistently good MPG until around 25K but now it is great!:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
          Whats The Problem ?
          The wait... OK so I only ordered it a couple of weeks ago and I know the French have a reputation for being a little work shy (undeserved i'm sure), and I accept it's coming up to Christmas but come on..

Comment

Originally posted by MDUBS View Post
            There is definately a problem with the eHDI 110.... The wait to get my hands on it. expected delivery date 16th of Feb
            Originally posted by ZACK View Post
            Whats The Problem ?
            Originally posted by MDUBS View Post
            The wait... OK so I only ordered it a couple of weeks ago and I know the French have a reputation for being a little work shy (undeserved i'm sure), and I accept it's coming up to Christmas but come on..
            Ok Well Lets Asume You Ordered 1st December...

That Means If You Got It 16th Feb You'd Only Have Been Waiting 10 Weeks AND With A Xmas / New Year Break In That... That's Actually Really Good - Some People On Here Have Waited Up To 20 Weeks For Their Factory Orders...

I Waited 12 Weeks Myself...

So Consider Yourself Lucky...

Comment

:cool: I still have to wait though
              Last edited by MDUBS; 15-12-2011, 23:38.

Comment

Originally posted by karl THP View Post
                BigFeet;
                What about if I wanted to go from 5yrs paying for car to 3yrs PCP - do I still use the equity I already have from paying 15 months and my THP is breaking all time?
                Not sure if I read that right!

When you change finance deals you have to settle the first deal before starting the second (sometimes you don't have too depending on credit rating). What happens is the outstanding settlement is taken out of the value of your PX, example you have a car worth £5,000 and finance outstanding of £3,000 and once the everything is settled you will have £2,000 in your hand. This is called equity in the PX.

Now what can happen (mainly on 5yr deals, which is why I don't do them) is that the finance is worth more and this causes what we called negative equity. Using the example above, you have a PX worth £5,000 but the outstanding finance is £7,000. In case after the PX has been paid toward the outstanding finance you STILL owe £2,000. Sometimes negative equity can be applied to a new deal but remember that when it comes to settling again the outstanding amount will be artificially higher because of the 'roll' thats been added at the start.

I hope that helps, PM me if you need more specific information
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Jagster93 View Post
                  floydy how on earth do you manage 55mpg? Im only managing 48.5 and ive drove like a grandad since ive got it haha!
                  some dreamer on the other side claims to be getting 77mpg and on a recent run 90mpg must do a lot of downhill driving????????

Comment

They must not accelerate at all or even turn the engine on? haha! I'm currently getting 47.8mpg now due to a few bootings now and again "/

Comment

Originally posted by willo View Post
                      some dreamer on the other side claims to be getting 77mpg and on a recent run 90mpg must do a lot of downhill driving????????
                      Yeah the best I have ever got when trying to not use the turbo was 68 but I couldn't drive like that and retain any sanity

Comment

I have had my hdi 110 for 10 months done 21500 miles its not missed a beat, love it, would like a bit more power but average mpg of 57.5 cant complain, would get another straight away. Only frustration is I'm not overly impressed with the paint quality.
                        I couldn't fix yer brakes so I made your horn louder!

Comment

Working...
                        X