No announcement yet.

buying 2015 ds3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was wondering me being officially classed as an ol fart, if this was to young looking a car for me guys.....or dont that matter any more ?

Comment

up to glasgow on monday afternoon to pick it up....should be an interesting 65 miles drive back home to south ayrshire......anyone else from around ayrshire on here ?

Comment

Don't you worry about age, the good thing about this club is that age doesn't matter one tiny bit. Who cares? We all have one thing in common and it's our love of this awesome car! You are never too old to own a DS3
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
          Don't you worry about age, the good thing about this club is that age doesn't matter one tiny bit. Who cares? We all have one thing in common and it's our love of this awesome car! You are never too old to own a DS3
          cheers m8.....off for a beer

Comment

We need pictures of your new baby when you get it [emoji6] +1 on the age thing, I'd say I'm on the much younger end of the spectrum (19) but the age range here is massive [emoji4] There's no age restriction on owning a ds3, even if the insurance does cost a small fortune for us young 'uns [emoji14]
            Congrats and enjoy anyway!

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
            DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Late to the party but just wanted to say if the diesel was a BlueHDi you would have been fine.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                Late to the party but just wanted to say if the diesel was a BlueHDi you would have been fine.
                It was a blue hdi...but still, didnt want to take any chances.....and....cant be assed with worrying about something that "might" happen...
                Petrol car takes all thats away...enough things to be going on with in life....this is one less my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Moonhead View Post
                  We need pictures of your new baby when you get it [emoji6] +1 on the age thing, I'd say I'm on the much younger end of the spectrum (19) but the age range here is massive [emoji4] There's no age restriction on owning a ds3, even if the insurance does cost a small fortune for us young 'uns [emoji14]
                  Congrats and enjoy anyway!

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk
                  £281 FULLY COMP at the mo.....with only 1yr no claims....lost the full 7 yrs after i sold my other car and didnt buy another one for another 14 months
                  I also didnt know that if you dont insure a car in your name, after 12mths you lose the bloody lot !!! - Fangin i was

Comment

right guys...UPDATE TIME.....
                    got the car today, as they didnt have the paperwork ready yesterday.....

WOW !...what a massive difference from my fiesta ST.

Seats very, very comfy indeed....(dsportplus/leather)
                    Steering is nice n light, as is the gears,clutch and brakes...

And i dont find any problem with the pedals....i read all the "expert" car reviews, and most all commented on the odd pedals alignment ....Bugger all wrong with em...Either that i got odd shaped legs lol - Even got a bit for my size 12 shoe next to the clutch = superb !

Only thing i find worrying....is the travel on the clutch pedal...i mean my wee foostie bit nearly right away, but this DS3, the bite point is nearly at the end of the clutch travel...
                    Is this normal ? or is the clutch on its way out ?
                    And the same as you other guys...the arm rest is a welcome feature on long runs, but PITA to get at the handbrake when needed, again, no big deal tbh.

This also has start/stop feature - dunno whether i will keep it on tbh - i nearly shit myself when it cut out at the lights, just 2 miles from the dealers....then i seen the eco light...wee bugger !!
                    Only had one lady owner....no dealer on the v5..so i,m only the 2nd owner, which is good.
                    I,m 6"2" and have plenty room all ways in the front drivers seat, which i was very pleasantly surprised at...

Roof opens nice and quick, and seals back closed again with only a little wind noise from back left area, but nothing that will annoy me.
                    The right hand chrome mirror has got a scuff mark on it - can these be replaced ?

AND.....is there a volume control for the stereo on the stalk somewhere ? be dammed if i can find it....got bluetooth all set up no bother with my android+ spotify, but had to use the volume knob on the actual stereo....which i found rather odd !!

Anyway...first impressions = very good indeed...the 165bhp 1.6thp engine pulls much the same as my old ST....wee bit turbo lag, but only around1/2 secs, then it whoosh

will have more time at weekend = pics

Comment

Originally posted by bigj2552 View Post
                      Only thing i find worrying....is the travel on the clutch pedal...i mean my wee foostie bit nearly right away, but this DS3, the bite point is nearly at the end of the clutch travel...
                      Is this normal ? or is the clutch on its way out ?
                      Yes, this seems to be normal on most DS3s. Driven one diesel once where it was right at the bottom but many sources say it's at the top.

And the same as you other guys...the arm rest is a welcome feature on long runs, but PITA to get at the handbrake when needed, again, no big deal tbh.
                      I keep mine flipped upwards on all but the longest motorway drives. In town there's far too much traffic and I find it even gets in the way of gear changes.

The right hand chrome mirror has got a scuff mark on it - can these be replaced ?
                      Yes, from the Citroen/DS accessories store online, or even eBay for a cheaper deal and extra options like carbon fibre effect.

AND.....is there a volume control for the stereo on the stalk somewhere ? be dammed if i can find it....got bluetooth all set up no bother with my android+ spotify, but had to use the volume knob on the actual stereo....which i found rather odd !!
                      Right hand control stalk, buttons on the back, pull like triggers. Up = top, down = bottom.
                      Glad you're enjoying it though

///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                      Join the Facebook Group!
                      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Pics - we need to see pics !!

As you've found the DS3 is like a Tardis inside, I'm 6 foot 5 and had no issues with room inside the car.

I also used my armrest all the time, I developed an ability to reach round and under it for applying the handbrake....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972
                          I developed an ability to reach round...
                          Waheey!
                          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

'tis true - reach round, grip firmly and pull it up
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                              'tis true - reach round, grip firmly and pull it up
                              HMM...thats sounds soooooooooooo familiar lol....wonder where i heard that before....let me think >>>>

Comment

anyone help with the volume controls ? is there not a volume button on the stalk anywhere ? beside on the actual stereo itself....and pics on sat coming after i have her detailed, and my new mats get here.......

Comment

Working...
                                X