Temperature gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature gauge

HI, I have just had a new temperature sensor fitted was found to be faulty last week, got car back did a trip of 90 miles at 70 mph with my climate control on as usual & the temperature gauge dial only just moved up to second white line is this normal as was always in the middle for the 11 months i have owned the car 63 plate 1.6 petrol, if it does not rise I won't get any hot air in heaters for the winter,thanks

Still have a problem, It should be around the middle give or take a bit.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Sounds fine to me, you already said the old sensor was faulty and that you were doing motorway driving. Was it a hot day, low wind, raining, all these factor into the temperature of the car. The fact the needle only moved a faction as far as I'm concerned is nothing to panic about.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Hi, was yesterday about 27 degrees outside temperature , was thinking maybe the thermostat was not working property .

Comment

I have same engine, did you ever get this sorted ?

Comment

Hi, yes I took car back to citroen & had a new thermostat housing & new sensor fitted again all under warranty as they should of replaced thermostat first time, as temperature gauge should sit in middle & not move when car is warmed up, thermostat was knackered & staying open all the time which was why car was not getting up to temperature & feeling lumpy & using more fuel, all good now .

Comment

Thanks for reply. I had same repair done out of warranty at dealer, yours being in warranty saved you around £400 ! Was clear to me if your temp gauge was not in the middle after that 90 mile journey something was not right.

Comment

Hi can anyone help me, just had a new temp sensor fitted under recall yet still my temp goes to half on standstill then once it goes on a motorway/dual carriage way. It goes back down to cold?

Comment

hanafuda earrings

Comment

Working...
                  X