Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armrest questions

howdoo,
    am thinking of getting an armrest for my beautiful white edition DS3 Anyway, does it take up the cup space cos as we know its the only space for macky dees coffee holders. Also, john N said you can buy a holder which fits in the space under the centre consol but will a coffee cup fit under?

I think it does take up the space. But someone will clarify.

Its not technically a cup holder that goes there, its the same size as the ash tray, like this;
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

It works for a tin of juice but not much else.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

oh no! need to check with john then as if it takes the one and only cup holder id be stuffed for my donalds latte! I need my early morning coffee

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
          I think it does take up the space. But someone will clarify.

Its not technically a cup holder that goes there, its the same size as the ash tray, like this;

ah thanks for pic, not big enough i dont think? mind you the donalds cup taper at the bottom which is smaller

Comment

if the picture is right you will be fine plus its cheaper than citroens

Edit forgot to add link lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-DS...ht_3127wt_1252
            Black and white E-HDI DS3

Originally posted by ZACK
            Sorry Wools, Seems You Were Actually Right

Comment

Originally posted by Woolsy View Post
              if the picture is right you will be fine plus its cheaper than citroens

Edit forgot to add link lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-DS...ht_3127wt_1252

thanks, this is one of those replica things, i was going to buy a proper citroen part. never confident these non citroen parts will fit?

Comment

armrest simply gets in the way of the handbrake...

silly design IMO
                -- Gannet.
                DS3 DSport THP150, Polar White, Carmen Red Roof...

Comment

Silly design indeed. It should be higher up. Maybe they could have connected it to the head rest? That'd be out of the way of the handbrake.
                  Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

I have the factory one fitted and it does take up the space. You can tilt it up though which should give you space for the Micky D cup. It does foul the handbrake though I have learned to work around it. I will try and post a couple of photos with the armrest in the down and up positions so you can make your own mind up.

Comment

Originally posted by gannet View Post
                      armrest simply gets in the way of the handbrake...

silly design IMO
                      I thought that at first but i just got used to it and i don't even notice it gets in the way anymore. All of the small hatchbacks have the same problem with armrests from my experience

Comment

You could just put the juice into the door bin, I find that it holds a costa coffee no problem.

Comment

I know biggee but thats a lot of bending down low while driving, i prefer it higher up! i know im a right pain in the arse lol.
                          cheers cooperkill some pics of it up and down would be great, might save me £100 if i cant get the cup in

Comment

I hate the factory armrest - mine squeaks like a mouse. It's driving me insane!

Comment

Rub it with some leather cream (or at a push natural hand cream) to soften the leather a bit which should help.

Comment

Working...
                              X